S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

your fav protectant/ sealant

Old 08-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanabe,Aug 10 2009, 06:36 PM
surprised at your experience with p21s over fmj... should last several months.
the p21s normally will last a few weeks, and then the fmj takes over. i always renew the wax so that the synthetic never has a chance to "evaporate" (actually wax evaporates and synthetics just erode).

how many coats of fmj are you applying?
perhaps it's the intense sun & heat in Hawaii that causes the durability to be less than normal. I used 2 coats of fmj and 2 coats of p21s. I don't mean to say that they were completely gone, but the beading definitely diminished after 4 weeks. FMJ alone I would get 2 weeks. I've found that Collinite (2x) alone gets me 4 weeks of nice beading but it doesn't keep fallout from getting to the paint as well as fmj does. so I'm going to try the UPGP / Collinite combo and see how long it lasts. that is once i get around to doing a full detail.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a bit ot, but i would use a car cover in your situation...
maybe someone else has ideas on the fmj-
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheehee,Aug 10 2009, 05:26 PM
Interesting thread. If one were going for max durability rather than appearance, would the answers be the same?
I've read mixed reports regarding the durability of FMJ. Some say it lasts months, some say weeks. As a result, I've avoided it.

As to the above question, for a "durability is priority #1" detail, for me, Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm. Werkstat AJT is another that lasts well. Mostly it depends on what mood I'm in, but if I had to describe a method by which I choose one over the other, it's AJT for light colors, and BHAB for dark colors.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Aug 9 2009, 07:46 PM
Favorite Sealant:
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Favorite Carnaubas:
Pinnacle Souveran
Wolfgang Fuzion

Favorite Sprays:
Optimum Opti-seal
Duragloss Aquawax
Same as me for sealant and caranuba. I have not tried the Lusso I have yet.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:37 PM

what wax and sealant combo would you suggest for a sebring silver? ive recently had my car repainted and when its ready to get wax/sealed i want to use top notch stuff. i am thinking about dodo juice light for wax but dont know about sealant.

i currently have a ultimate detailing machince random orbital from autopia with ultimate paintguard plus and ultimate paint prep plus that ive had but not really put to use but maybe once on my old car. thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 02:23 PM

Why not use the UPGP as your sealant? I use it on our glacier blue Honda CR-V and love the look I get. I do not top it with anything, as that would subvert one of the critical reasons why I use it, namely, the incredible ease of use--wipe on and walk away. As far as I can tell, durability is pretty good, though I have never tested it beyond two months. It's just so easy to wipe on a fresh coat.

You might consider applying two back-to-back coats (twelve hours in between) and see if you like the look. You may well decide not to top it. But if you must, then by all means apply a coat of Dodo on top and see if it improves the look.

My pal Bounty over at MOL just detailed a silver S2K. He loves Pinnacle Signature on silver cars all by itself. Take a look and see what you think.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:34 PM

Here's what I've used so far, but cannot vouch for the long term effects as I haven't had my car for very long:

Wash: Meguiars Gold Class
Sealant/Wax: Megiuar's 3 step (wash, seal, wax)
Leather: Meguiars Rich Luxury
Vinyl/plastics: 303 Aerospace

This is a great thread, I'd love to find out what better things are out there.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by akimel,Aug 12 2009, 02:23 PM
Why not use the UPGP as your sealant? I use it on our glacier blue Honda CR-V and love the look I get. I do not top it with anything, as that would subvert one of the critical reasons why I use it, namely, the incredible ease of use--wipe on and walk away. As far as I can tell, durability is pretty good, though I have never tested it beyond two months. It's just so easy to wipe on a fresh coat.

You might consider applying two back-to-back coats (twelve hours in between) and see if you like the look. You may well decide not to top it. But if you must, then by all means apply a coat of Dodo on top and see if it improves the look.

My pal Bounty over at MOL just detailed a silver S2K. He loves Pinnacle Signature on silver cars all by itself. Take a look and see what you think.
i most likely will. i do love the look of it on my itr. just wasnt sure if anyone had used or recommended it which is why i mentioned it, as well as people mentioned using a carnuba over the sealant.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyGW,Aug 12 2009, 12:37 PM
what wax and sealant combo would you suggest for a sebring silver? ive recently had my car repainted and when its ready to get wax/sealed i want to use top notch stuff. i am thinking about dodo juice light for wax but dont know about sealant.
Not long ago, I did an Evo IX in a silver fairly similar to Sebring. The customer wanted looks as his first priority; he was taking the car to a show the next day. He's also sort of old school - didn't want a synthetic, only wanted a carnauba. We chose Rubbish Boy's Original Edition.

What surprised me was how much it did for the flake in the paint. The flake in this silver isn't large like you see on a Silverstone S2000, yet with RBOE on it, it really, really popped. I saw the customer a week later, and he said he had the best looking paint at the entire show. He was thrilled.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used to have sebring silver. My favorite combo on that color was werkstat ajt topped with wet obsession. silky smooth, crystal clear, and sharp reflections.

cant go wrong with it.

Quick Reply: your fav protectant/ sealant