S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

your fav protectant/ sealant

Old 08-09-2009, 07:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default your fav protectant/ sealant

after getting several requests for my fav protectants (synthetics or waxes), i realized that this is one of those "opinion" things- of course there is no "best" for everyone...

so, please post up your fav synthetic and if you can give a few words to say why that would be helpful too-

to get this party started:
i still like "finish first" for ease of use. it has great "hang time" (lasts several months if you let it- i never do), easy on and off and the end results are nice deep shine.
full metal jacket is a good alternative to finish first- also pretty simple to use.
zaino is still my product of choice where ease of use is not the primary consideration.

wax over a synthetic gives more detail and depth imo and i either use p21s or lusso oro as my waxes of choice.

there are a whole bunch of choices in good synthetics these days-
post up your fav synthetic and a few words as to why...

--------
o.k., just got a suggestion that the moderators list the products posted in this thread here- so this will be a start of that (we will edit this to include any synthetics or carnaubas posted in this thread)- also just got a request to add in web links (where possible):

fav synthetic polymers:

-finish first http://www.finishfirstpolish.com/orderpage.html
-zaino http://www.zainostore.com/
-full metal jacket http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?P...WPROD&ProdID=15
-Chemical Guys' JETseal109 (JS109)
-Blackfire All Surface Paint Protection (BF AFPP)
-Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Jet (JW AJT) http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/
-Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
-Werkstat AJT. Rog is right, it's the easiest stuff in the world, it looks money, and it lasts well. It feels like cheating.
-Chemical Guys' Jetseal 109. Gives up a little in durability in exchange for drop dead gorgeous looks. Jetseal topped with RBOE is my favorite combo.
-Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm. Looks different than most anything else. Sort of a hybrid look. Great flake, and I don't find it looks artificially shiny. Extremely durable.
-duragloss 105 or 111
-klasse twins (sg & aio)
-Danase Wet Glaze
-Deep Gloss Paint sealant 3.0

fav carnaubas:
-p21s http://www.p21s.com/products/bis_cw.html
-lusso oro http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?P...PROD&ProdID=120
-Swissvax Concorso (Concorso)
-Rubbish Boys Original Edition (RBOE)
-Blackfire Midnight Sun (Best when paired with Blackfire AFPP to produce 'fire of ice' combo) (Midnight Sun)
-Pinnacle Souveran
-Wolfgang Fuzion
-Rubbish Boy's Original Edition. I'd put this side by side with Zymol Vintage (which I also have) on looks, at a fraction of the price. Fussy to work with, so save it for "special occasions." Quite durable as carnaubas go.
-S100 whatever they call it . The equivalent of P21S, but less expensive, and you can buy it at your local Harley-Davidson dealer.
-Meguiar's 26. 26 has been around for many years for good reason - it looks great.
Dodo Juice Supernatural
Dodo Juice Purple Haze

Old 08-09-2009, 07:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sealant would have to be Werkstat AJT.

Hands down one of the easiest products I have ever used. Period.

Only need to wait 30 minutes between coats. Sharp crisp reflections.

2 coats of this and your golden for 2-3 months.

Or you can do 1 coat and top it with Wet Obsession. This is one of the best cominations ever!!! Trust me.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Favorite Sealants:

Chemical Guys' JETseal109 (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Auto_Detailing_Resin_Paint_Sealant_JetSeal_109_p/wac_118_16.htm)]JS109[/URL])
Blackfire All Surface Paint Protection (BF AFPP)
Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Jet (JW AJT)

Favorite 'Nuba's:

Swissvax Concorso (Concorso)
Rubbish Boys Original Edition (RBOE)
Blackfire Midnight Sun (Best when paired with Blackfire AFPP to produce 'fire of ice' combo) (Midnight Sun)
Old 08-09-2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by slanguage,Aug 9 2009, 07:58 AM
Sealant would have to be Werkstat AJT.

Hands down one of the easiest products I have ever used. Period.

Only need to wait 30 minutes between coats. Sharp crisp reflections.

2 coats of this and your golden for 2-3 months.

Or you can do 1 coat and top it with Wet Obsession. This is one of the best cominations ever!!! Trust me.
I like to wax my car at the beginning of every month. Unfortunately it spends its time outside exposed to the elements . With that Werkstat Acrylic Jett can I use that on top of the wax (I use Meg's NXT 2.0)?

2-3 months protection just from AJT sounds awesome, especially in the rainy weather and the beating from the sun.

sorry, I only really know clay bar and waxing.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:15 AM

NXT2.0 is a sealant just like AJT. If you want "in between" protection for AJT between waxin's I would get acrylic glos as well. After you wash the car (if you're a bi-weekly kinda guy) just spray it with Acrylic Glos and it'll add some shine, as well as another layer of protection to the car.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Aug 9 2009, 11:15 AM
NXT2.0 is a sealant just like AJT. If you want "in between" protection for AJT between waxin's I would get acrylic glos as well. After you wash the car (if you're a bi-weekly kinda guy) just spray it with Acrylic Glos and it'll add some shine, as well as another layer of protection to the car.
Considering that my car sits outside, would AJT provide longer protection than NXT 2.0? I know it doesn't hurt to have another layer of protection, but I was looking at it for more of the longevity of it.

Thanks for help!
Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dezymond,Aug 9 2009, 01:12 PM
Considering that my car sits outside, would AJT provide longer protection than NXT 2.0? I know it doesn't hurt to have another layer of protection, but I was looking at it for more of the longevity of it.

Thanks for help!
nxt is known to have the shortest hang-time (doesnt last very long) of the synthetics... its easy to use, and gives good shine but just doesnt hang around for the long haul.
ajt, or just about any of those suggested so far, would give better hang time. and i like to top with wax which increases the synthetic's ability to last. the wax will evaporate after a few weeks and then the synethetic seems to act like it is new at that point.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:59 PM

So I should put AJT first then the NXT 2.0?

Since you mentioned that NXT has the shortest hang time, what's another OTC wax that beats it? I love having my S all shiny, but since it sits outside, the shine is gone after about 5 days no rain due to the pollen.

Appreciate all the help guys!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Former Moderator

Favorite Sealant:
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Favorite Carnaubas:
Pinnacle Souveran
Wolfgang Fuzion

Favorite Sprays:
Optimum Opti-seal
Duragloss Aquawax
Old 08-09-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dezymond,Aug 9 2009, 03:59 PM
So I should put AJT first then the NXT 2.0?

Since you mentioned that NXT has the shortest hang time, what's another OTC wax that beats it? I love having my S all shiny, but since it sits outside, the shine is gone after about 5 days no rain due to the pollen.

Appreciate all the help guys!
I'd put down AJT and skip the NXT altogether. For an off the shelf carnauba, Meg's 26 is very nice. But none of that is going to help the car shine if the real problem is pollen.

An excellent in between waxings product is Duragloss Aquawax. If you have a Car Quest store locally, they probably have it on the shelf. Awesome stuff.

OK, my favorite LSPs:

Sealants:
1. Werkstat AJT. Rog is right, it's the easiest stuff in the world, it looks money, and it lasts well. It feels like cheating.
2. Chemical Guys' Jetseal 109. Gives up a little in durability in exchange for drop dead gorgeous looks. Jetseal topped with RBOE is my favorite combo.
3. Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm. Looks different than most anything else. Sort of a hybrid look. Great flake, and I don't find it looks artificially shiny. Extremely durable.

Carnaubas:
1. Rubbish Boy's Original Edition. I'd put this side by side with Zymol Vintage (which I also have) on looks, at a fraction of the price. Fussy to work with, so save it for "special occasions." Quite durable as carnaubas go.
2. S100 whatever they call it . The equivalent of P21S, but less expensive, and you can buy it at your local Harley-Davidson dealer.
3. Meguiar's 26. 26 has been around for many years for good reason - it looks great.

Quick Reply: your fav protectant/ sealant