S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Would you let a professional detailer work on your

Old 08-07-2006, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Would you let a professional detailer work on your

Hi. Let's assume there are professionals out there with more talent for detailing a car than you. They can simply make your car look better than you can. If you found one with great references and reputation, would you let him do your car?

I'm tempted because there are little spec of wax on my car that need to be taken off one by one, small bits of tar on my wheels, and things like that. I'd love to have my car look as close to perfect as possible, and all I can do is wash and wax to the best of my ability. My talents are not on a pro level.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:42 PM

Do you know of any real detailers here in San Diego? The pros seem very hard to find. If you know of any, let me know.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U,Aug 7 2006, 05:42 PM
Do you know of any real detailers here in San Diego? The pros seem very hard to find. If you know of any, let me know.
i have the best detailer in the world. he is the factory detailer for Zymol and for newport beach ferrari, orange county ferrari, newport beach porsche/bentley, and many other dealers and body shops. his name is Moe Mistry, he is in Orange County, CA... i don't know if he will trek down to San Diego but it would be worth it for you to make the drive. he is the only person i trust to even wash my car... www.glisteningperfection.com, he is not cheap but he is completely worth every penny.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Sure, then after it was cleaned/polished correctly it would be easier to maintain myself.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by jonathanschley,Aug 7 2006, 05:59 PM
i have the best detailer in the world. he is the factory detailer for Zymol and for newport beach ferrari, orange county ferrari, newport beach porsche/bentley, and many other dealers and body shops. his name is Moe Mistry, he is in Orange County, CA... i don't know if he will trek down to San Diego but it would be worth it for you to make the drive. he is the only person i trust to even wash my car... www.glisteningperfection.com, he is not cheap but he is completely worth every penny.
Can he remove swirls?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:07 PM

Yes I would. As much as I'd like to work on my own car, I know I'm not as good as some of these guys. Like you said though, make sure it's someone you trust and has a good reputation. Otherwise it could backfire on ya.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathanschley,Aug 7 2006, 09:59 PM
Did you mean to report your post to me, Jonathan? I assume that was a mistake?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:32 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=Purple Haze,Aug 7 2006, 09:38 PM] Hi.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:49 AM

No I will not trust my car to anyone else. There is no detailer in this area that fits the definition of a "Pro" detailer.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:37 AM

I found alot of these professionals tend to use products that are better for them than you. Sure they will make the car all shiny and new looking, but chances are that will only last a month or so.

Quick Reply: Would you let a professional detailer work on your