S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Work with me here...

Old 08-08-2007, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Work with me here...

All of today, Ive been reading about different waxes, the technologies behind them, difference between synthetics and natural, carnaubas and sealants, etc etc etc. In the depth of my research, I found out that 3 of the products I used while detailing required MUCH longer "curing time" than what I was giving. My steps usually consist of Poorboy's SSR2.5 (if necessary), then Poorboy's SSR1. I usually follow this with Meguiar's Show Car Glaze, then topped with Mother's Carnauba, and then Meguiars NXT. I now understand that the last 2, even 3, require substantial "curing time". BUT, my question is, I KNOW there are better products out there. I really really enjoy working with Carnauba's, and I know a good sealant is VERY important for the longevity and how durable a good detail can be. So what can YOU recommend? Ive heard Pinnacle is good, but its stupid expensive. How and where to P21S and Klasse fit in?

Thanks,
Matt

Ive been recommended to use P21S followed with klasse, finish first, or zaino.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I think you want it the other way around.

sealant first (Klasse/Zaino/etc) followed by a carnuba. Carnuba will bond to a sealant, sealants wont bond to a carnuba (as a general rule)

I currently am still using KlasseSG and P21S until I use it up, then I am either going to try Zaino or Jeff's Werkstatt.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used Menzerna FMJ for almost 2 years now, and haven't looked back. It's by far my favorite sealant Optimum Opti-Seal is another excellent sealant that I've tried recently--it's particularly nice because you don't have to buff it off. You simply apply it and let it dry and cure on its own. Pretty cool stuff.

If you're going to use Klasse and P21S, then apply the Klasse first and then top it with some P21S. That's an excellent combo as well as I'm sure wanabe will attest to when he gets a chance to chime in here
Old 08-08-2007, 05:19 PM

Yea, I PMd him and thats what he said. But he wanted me to make a post so I can get some more info.

-Matt
Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 PM

diabolus- Im looking at that Optimum, and I cant imagine it would work better than a paste wax. How well does it really hold up?

-Matt
Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Just throwing this out there for the info and for others..

How long do Sealants usually last? When can you tell you need to re-apply sealant?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a synthetic with carnauba over it can last a really long time...
have had several coats of synthetics with carnaubas over last several years- the carnauba gets redone every month or two and the shine continues... car cover is the real secret here-
what ends the process is swirls, when they eventually happen. swirl removal removes all last stage products- so the process begins again!

and yes, i will attest to p21s over just about any synthetic!!

----------
(hey, btw- good post!!)
Old 08-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Haha, thanks. Some guy just told me to post it up, so I did.

-Matt
Old 08-08-2007, 08:02 PM

Also, how long do you all let the synthetics and carnaubas cure for?

-Matt
Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was using Poorboys EX-P religiously and just switched to Wolfgang sealant. Talk about slick. Car looks so nice and it doesn't have a coat of wax on it yet!

Quick Reply: Work with me here...