S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Winter Washing - Salt Removal Tips.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Washing - Salt Removal Tips.

Winter Car Care Tips - Salt Removal Wash

Helpful Winter Tips
  • Keeping your vehicle as clean as possible during the winter will go a long way to cut down the damage done by salt and sand.
  • Take your vehicle to the car wash as often as possible. If you can get to your undercarriage as well that would be a plus.
  • Make sure to protect your car with your favorite wax or sealant.

Make sure the car is completely dry
  • Carefully dry the edges of the doors inside and out, including the undersides of door handles, all hinges, plus the hood and trunk edges. This helps keep them from freezing shut.
  • Use a good quality spray protectant on all exterior rubber or vinyl surfaces. It may be best to spray they applicator you are using instead of spraying the product directly onto the surface. This will avoid any overspray onto the paint.

This BMW 435 X Drive receives a salt removal wash and protect.

Salt Removal - Wash and Protect

Our special pre-soak was designed to chemically remove the majority of the salt and road grime off the paint, with our touch less approach we are preserving the condition of the paint.

After shot

Interior Mats - Salt Removal - just as important make sure your interior is free and clear of salt as it will cause long term damage to your interior bits and pieces.

Before

After
Old 02-21-2015, 08:08 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
Winter Car Care Tips - Salt Removal Wash

Helpful Winter Tips
  • Keeping your vehicle as clean as possible during the winter will go a long way to cut down the damage done by salt and sand.
  • Take your vehicle to the car wash as often as possible. If you can get to your undercarriage as well that would be a plus.
  • Make sure to protect your car with your favorite wax or sealant.

Make sure the car is completely dry
  • Carefully dry the edges of the doors inside and out, including the undersides of door handles, all hinges, plus the hood and trunk edges. This helps keep them from freezing shut.
  • Use a good quality spray protectant on all exterior rubber or vinyl surfaces. It may be best to spray they applicator you are using instead of spraying the product directly onto the surface. This will avoid any overspray onto the paint.

This BMW 435 X Drive receives a salt removal wash and protect.

Salt Removal - Wash and Protect

Our special pre-soak was designed to chemically remove the majority of the salt and road grime off the paint, with our touch less approach we are preserving the condition of the paint.

After shot

Interior Mats - Salt Removal - just as important make sure your interior is free and clear of salt as it will cause long term damage to your interior bits and pieces.

Before

After
Great job on the mats. I use Weather-Tec floor mats, saves my carpets and are simple to clean. Love them in my BMW.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I've given up washing my car this winter. Can't keep it salt free for more than an hour unless I park it and don't drive it.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very interested in a product, like you mentioned, is "touch-free" and is designed specifically to aid in removing salt+sand grime buildup before I wash with a regular car wash product with a sponge and bucket.

Fortunately I don't have to drive my S on any salt, I've just used my truck this week but my truck is also a very very clean looking vehicle (albeit it's 13 years old) with very good condition paint/body that I need something for - to help rid the salt and grime safely.

What products can you recommend?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

jkelley,

check out post number 5 all the products are listed -

http://www.detailingbliss.com/topic/...n/#entry376266
Old 02-24-2015, 11:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for this post! Definitely need to clean my daily driver ASAP!
Old 02-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

no problem that's what we are here for
Old 02-28-2015, 07:20 AM

The problem isn't the actual cleaning of the car as it is finding a day above freezing or a heated location to wash the car! Ugh. This winter has been brutal up in Connecticut.