S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Window Tinting?

Old 07-08-2004, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tinting?

Tried to do a seach on it but it is not working.

Just wondering if anyone has done thier own tinting or did you have it done?????

1) How much did you pay???

2) Did you tint your driver's and passengers window???

3) Have you had any problems???

Seems like I've been saving forever for mys, should be here within a year.

Getting ready........ Thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 08:22 PM

got back and driver/pass windows tinted, paid 110, ya thats high but the shop that did it for me ALWAYS has done a perfect job for everyone i know who got their work done there....the tint is PERFECT, i cant say that for tint jobs from other shops ive seen. if you are in orange county check out tint connection, they did a great job for me and they are the only place ill take my cars.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:51 PM

paid $180 to do all the way around. $90 for the front alone, and the sides and back were a little extra cuz of going 5%.

as far as legal, it's up to the state. many are around the 35% range.

no problems with mine, and i love it. it does take some getting used to at night, and i always roll them down if i have the top up and see a cop so it doesn't get frisky.

i just posted them up on another post tonight, and i still can do a quick paste.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps it is just my experience, but I've never seen a DIY job of window tinting that didn't look really bad!! I personally don't recommend tint on the windshield (may not even be legal where you are, I don't know) as I like unobstructed view. The glass back window on '02 and post models could be tinted along with the sides. The plastic rear on pre '02's could be tinted only by static cling tinting. I tried that myself, and failed. In any event, here in Okla City, I could get my sides and rear (static cling) for less than $100. IMO, this is not the place to "cheap out" as a bad job really detracts from the looks of your car.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 07-12-2004, 01:44 PM

How in blazes do they tint the rear window ?? I have a hard enough time reaching in there to clean it. Do they have to remove part of the top ??
Old 07-12-2004, 01:53 PM

^^^ someone answer that..
Old 07-13-2004, 08:55 AM

I'll answer that ---- at least as to the static cling flim on the pre '02 plastic windows. Xviper has an excellent description of applying static cling window film on the OUTSIDE of the plastic rear window. Do a search, and you'll find it. I tried it, but wasn't sufficiently skilled to do it right.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 07-13-2004, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Thiz year,Jul 12 2004, 01:44 PM
How in blazes do they tint the rear window ?? I have a hard enough time reaching in there to clean it. Do they have to remove part of the top ??
I have mine tinted all around like Wortham. To get the rear window (mine is MY03 glass) they sat on the drivers seat backwards on their knees. Hard to imagine probably, but in that position the guys butt kept honking the horn.

It still is tough though. Mine was put on twice and the second one still had a small messed up spot around the top middle.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:46 AM

yep. the back window tinting takes a small person, some squeezing, cussing, and patience. but it can be done.

a more recent shot. the back there is actually 35% unlike my soft top's back and the sides that are 5%.

Old 07-13-2004, 04:33 PM

tint the front? wow, how can you drive at night?

Quick Reply: Window Tinting?