S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Wheel Wells and Stoner Trim Shine

Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Wells and Stoner Trim Shine

I am not a professional. I only have two cars to worry about; hence finding the most economical product for a specific detailing task is not my primary concern.

Consider, e.g., wheel wells. If I were a detailing professional, I would probably use something like Meguiar's Hyper Dressing. It hides the wheel wells very well, so I am told. It can be diluted (2:1, 3:1, 4:1) and used for many other tasks, too. It's a versatile and economical product.

BUT ... the wheel wells on our S2Ks are difficult to access, as you know. A normal spray bottle will not squeeze in between the tire and fender. So what to do? For the past six months I have been using Stoner Trim Shine for this purpose. It comes in an aerosol spray can. The spray is powerful enough to reach to the furthest part of the well and is focused enough not to get on stuff I don't want it touching. It hides the wheel arches just fine. I recommend it.

I picked up my can of Trim Shine from the local NAPA store. I think I paid $5 for it. I have used it multiple times now and am finally nearing the end. I need to pick up a new can soon.

I recently picked up a bottle of Griot's Undercarriage spray, which I intend to use on the wheel wells of our CR-V. Those wells are very accessible to a spray bottle, so I do not need an aerosol spray. Maybe I should have just gotten a gallon of Hyper Dressing, but the Griot's was on sale ... What can I say? I'm a sucker for sales.

I also understand that Trim Shine does a very good job on the hoses in the engine bay. I haven't tried it yet, though. I still have a couple of cans left of CD-2, which I will probably continue to use as long as it's locally available. But if CD-2 should disappear (again), I will then switch to Trim Shine to dress the engine bay hoses.

What do you like to use on your Stewie's wheel wells?

Cheers,
Al
Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for daily driving i use a foamer and then maybe a bit of long brush, but usually, just rinse

for showing the car i use undercarriage sprays- have used griots, cd-2, and several hog products (mainly meant for motorcycle engines detailing)-
i like the hog products best of all- pig spit, hog shine, and pig snot...