S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Wheel/Tire/Wheel Well multiple brush review

Old 09-29-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel/Tire/Wheel Well multiple brush review

This review is going to be one of those which are a little different from my normal format. Basically, this review will cover all the brushes I use to clean the area within the wheel wells. This includes the wheel wells themselves, the tires, and the wheels. I carry many brushes around the car with me to clean this area and honestly I think I need some sort of Batman like utility belt for them all. The reason I carry so many brushes is I have yet to find a single brush which is effective at cleaning the entire wheel. Plus, I would never use the same brush on the wheels that I had just used on the wheel well. So, here are the players . . .

Mother's Tire Brush

Manufacturer's Product Description:
A subtle curve gives Mothers Contoured Tire Brush a definite advantage over other tire brushes. The wide brush cleans most tires from wheel to tread. Clean tires faster and with less effort!

The handle of the brush is parallel to the brush head to give you maximum leverage as you scrub dirty tires. The rubber, textured grip gives you a comfortable and firm hold on the brush, even with wet hands.

The brush head is surrounded by rubber to buffer it if it should accidentally bump the wheel. The short, sturdy bristles are ideal for scrubbing tough rubber. The bristles are able to release dirt and oil from the rubber
Old 09-29-2006, 11:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

now this is a review that i would not have thought of doing...
and am glad you did!!

brushes are absolutely a necessity for any detailer, and your reviews above are great- i end up using my long handled brush the most, but use them all at some point!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a comment on the Meguiars handles... They are interchangable amongst all the versa-angle products, so don't buy 2 long handled brushes...

I bought 1 long handled wheel face brush and 1 short handled tire brush and I interchange the handles as I need to. I really liked the short handle, and as mike mentioned, just using it detached works well too. I also tried the wire brush and came to the same conclusion that it's mainly good for cleaning the barrel.

I also felt the wheel face brush was lacking for cleaning the wheels of the s2000... It didn't seem to get all the nooks and crannys. I found using a old microfiber wash mitt worked much better... especially if you keep your wheels sealed with wax/sealant. The tire brush was nice though for cleaning before putting on some tire-gel.