S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

what's the best syn waxes on the market today?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default what's the best syn waxes on the market today?

I've done all types of searches/research & I'm overwhelmed by all the different options & opinions for the best car synthetic waxes/polishes. I just got my 06 yellow S2000 a few months ago.
I'm looking for a product that will give me good long lasting protection & easy to use. My car is my daily driver & I don't have a lot of time for detailing so the long lasting part is important to me. Also, I will be applying the product by hand.
I've been considering Meguire's techwax 2.0, Mother's FX or Nufinish. I know Nufinish is not used around here. Years ago I read in a consumer's report that Nufinish was the best rated for protection & longevity, I've used it for years on my CRX-si & accord with no problems.
What do you guys think? What's the best options out there today? And, the best place to buy them?
Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no "best"

There are so many good sealants out there that it is all preference anymore.

I like:

Zaino for longevity
Wolfgang for appearance and ease of application
Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nuwax is old tech... i used it in the 90s and maybe even before (i remember using it on my '86 show cj)- some of the megs products are o.k., and maybe fine for starting out- but would not be on my list for you.

there are lotsa choices- imo the best all around choice for a newbe is finish first. very easy to use, and very much a zaino type shine without the zaino amount of work. its on my wife's bmw (cause she wants a zaino shine without the zaino work).

http://www.finishfirstpolish.com/orderpage.html
they call it a polish, but its not- its a good synthetic protectant that will last nicely and will shine great too.

plenty of other choices, and none are right or wrong. i like finish first cause its pretty foregiving (hard to mess up)- put it on very lightly and let it cure. you should do 2 coats, but the second one can go on the next time you wash the car. when sal zaino announced his "new" product (back when it was new), i was using finish first... had about 10 coats on the car when i switched to zaino (yes, i did a removal first). i was using a wax over the finish first- and we were in the earliest stages of the "sandwiching revolution" (synthetic topped by wax).

with any synthetic, my fav easy thing to get max pop is p21s over it. its a wipe on, dont cure, wipe off product. lusso oro is a nice wax too- been "hand rubbing" with it lately, but p21s is a better newbe product.

now you know we wanna see pics of that shine when its on!!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 AM

Zaino
Menzerna FMJ
Chemical Guys Jetseal 109
Klasse
Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1Z einzitt
Collonite
Old 03-27-2008, 03:32 PM

I wish i could get CG Jetseal 109 up here in Canada
Old 03-28-2008, 08:21 AM

I wish I could get anything up here in Alaska. There is such a small market for stuff to keep your car nice. It kinda sucks. Lol.

-Ian
Old 03-28-2008, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i use mother's FX syn wax
Old 03-29-2008, 04:00 AM

klasse is real easy to use for me and very long lasting.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:05 AM

As stated so many to choose and it maily depends on your personal preference, but I would suggest NXT synthetic (very cheep and can be found locally) topped by P21's wax. Both are very easy to use and show great depth. This combination will last a while and will not be nearly as expensive as Zaino.

Quick Reply: what's the best syn waxes on the market today?