S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

What on TOP of wax?

Old 05-14-2005, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What on TOP of wax?

After the full treatment of Klasse AIO and two coats of SG I put a couple of layers of Carnuba wax on my MY01 S2000 Silverstone.

I've been use a "Carnuba Spritz" to wipe down the car in between washes and have been happy with it.

Any thoughts on the best spray to use between washes?

1) "Carnuba Spritz" on top of the carnuba wax coats?

2) Skip the carnuba on the Silverstone all together and use a "Synthetic Spritz".

3) Forget ANY kind of "spritz" and just use a Quick Detailing spray to wipe off the car.

4) Dawn and clay the car with another couple of layer of AIO and and SG, then a protective coating of SaranWrap every time before I take the car out.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:41 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Old 05-15-2005, 07:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i also top my synthetics with carnuba...
and i prefer using carnuba based detailers sprays-
Old 05-15-2005, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,May 15 2005, 11:15 AM
... i prefer using carnuba based detailers sprays-
Which brand/formulation name carnuba detail spray products have you tried and which is/are the one(s) you'd recommend?
Old 05-15-2005, 02:54 PM

I have been using several Quick Detail sprays including Meguiars (sp?) but have recently been using Sonus Carnuba Spritzl and I prefer the results. Of course, this may be a biased opinion because I have been taking better care of the car in general lately, but I like the "feel" of the carnuba spritz better.

I have not tried a synthetic spritz (Sonuz, NXT or other) as of yet.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:40 PM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

The last year or so I haven't been topping on my two cars just using Klasse and Sonus Detailer for Klasse users and it works for me. Now my cars are Sebring and white so this may not be for your darker vehicle guys. My Truck and 4Runner, blue and dark green respectively I last used carnauba and use Griot's Speed Shine as my QD. I desperately need to find time to do those two over and I am going to try just Klasse.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I use traditional carn wax on top of synthetic. I have not had good results at all with any type of detailing spray or "quick" type of treatment. I bought a Porter Cable and just spend the extra 10 minutes (I'm not kidding) doing it right with carn wax instead of trying to save time with some sort of compromise. Nothing else makes the paint look so good. I use Mother's product exclusively, if that matters.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harpoon,May 15 2005, 08:55 PM
I use traditional carn wax on top of synthetic. I have not had good results at all with any type of detailing spray or "quick" type of treatment. I bought a Porter Cable and just spend the extra 10 minutes (I'm not kidding) doing it right with carn wax instead of trying to save time with some sort of compromise. Nothing else makes the paint look so good. I use Mother's product exclusively, if that matters.
I think that if you went to your local Harley Davidson dealer and bought a jar of S100 carnauba, you would use it exclusively. I have used Mother's before and I now use S100. There is a world of difference. With S100, you literally wipe on the wax and then wipe it off without waiting. Easiest wax to use and it looks fantastic.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Does Harley Davidson make S100? Never heard of it before.

I've been kind of paranoid about sticking with one brand for all car care products, and Mother's has a good lineup.

With your recommendation though, I'll pick up a can/bottle/whatever it comes in.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harpoon,May 15 2005, 10:16 PM
Does Harley Davidson make S100? Never heard of it before.

I've been kind of paranoid about sticking with one brand for all car care products, and Mother's has a good lineup.

With your recommendation though, I'll pick up a can/bottle/whatever it comes in.

Thanks.
Harley Davidson is the retailer that sells the S100. It's made by the same people that make P21S.

I see no problem with mixing and matching products if you do your research first and proceed carefully. I'm using Finish First (a Zaino-like synthetic) as a base with the S100 carnuba wax on top of that. It works great, but doesn't last like a synthetic will. It looks better to my eye than just the synthetic does, however. It goes on and off so easily, I don't care if I have to apply the carnuba every three months, I get the look that I want.

It's $14.95 at the local Harley dealer. I believe that they all carry it.

Quick Reply: What on TOP of wax?