S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Welcome to the new W&W moderator

Old 03-28-2010, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome to the new W&W moderator

Well, I think we were all in so much shock that Wanabe resigned that no one took a second to welcome our new W&W moderator, KrazyKarim.

KK, I'm not sure I've seen you around this part of S2KI before. It would be great if you gave us an intro and let us know what got you started in detailing, where you learned to detail, and what some of your favorite products are. Do you use an orbital or a rotary? Are you a rinseless wash guy or a traditional wash guy?
Old 03-28-2010, 04:45 PM

Yea i think we did. But i think the new mod is not a detail guy by trade i thought they just put him in here to mod this section.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 08YellowCR,Mar 28 2010, 07:45 PM
Yea i think we did. But i think the new mod is not a detail guy by trade i thought they just put him in here to mod this section.

The new mod is not into detailing? Now I'm confused.

All the other technical forums have mods who are experts in that subject. Why would the powers that be put someone who isn't familiar with detailing in charge of the W&W forum? I wouldn't have wanted to see Wanabe moderating the forced induction forum for example.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:46 PM

Goodbye to Wanabe but welcome KrazyKarim!

Although he may not be a detailing person there are still alot of other helpful detailers on this forum so the help will still be there.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Former Moderator

Hey all and thanks Mikey for the post! I am long time/multiple s2000 owner and a long time moderator on this forum. While I do not make a living detailing like many on this forum, I have been a long time lurker in this section and have been a detailing enthusiast since I was 16 years old and had my first car. I love trying out and comparing new products. Anything from off the shelf meguiars to specialty waxes that I can only find online. Since I have a fairly large front yard and a garage to use I'm a traditional w&w guy and I never use the rinseless stuff! Everything I learned about detailing was from the old autopia forums and then here after I bought my first s2000 in 2003.

Here is some of the post detailing pics I've taken of my cars.

First some reflection shots of my old LBP when I had it....

and here my current Rio Yellow car...

These I took when I read a post from a member who said you can't get reflection shots on a yellow car, HA!

and many many years ago here some shots of Ludedude's old s2000 which I detailed...

There's some shots of my car work all done by hand. I do use a PC from time to time too but only if needed to do swirl removal or such otherwise if I'm working on any of my own cars it'd always been done by hand

Besides detailing I'm a driving enthusiast too. I sit on the board of directors for my local SCCA region, instruct for a lot of track days groups, and also work and instruct for a company here in Vegas (exoticsracing.com) Here is a picture of a few cars from our fleet.

Besides being on here I'll also be taking care of some other sections on the board so you may not see me post as much but don't worry I'm always lurking around and reading what's going on

That's about all I can say about myself right now. If you have any about me questions fire away and I'll answer them the best I can
Old 03-29-2010, 06:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ welcome to your new position as mod and good to see a detailing enthusiast will still be running the show
Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, I remember those shots Car looked like liquid glass
Old 03-29-2010, 01:30 PM

Nice glad to hear that. Also ur good in my books any one that drives a rio yellow S is LOL.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:06 PM

Welcome! Now, I think it's only fair you let the owners of the Ferrari's know who we are
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

just saw this...

and the pictures

and the only thing I noticed was your license plate... that's awesome..