S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

wax etc.

Old 05-12-2001, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Folks -
Got a new stook last weekend (silver/black)and have probably screwed-up already. Washed and waxed it today (Meguiars cleaner wax). Label said it was safe for clear-coats. Wax went on fine but was difficult to take-off. I didn't feel comfortable using a buffer (swirl marks?) so I took it off using cotton towels. Finish looks great but is not as smooth as I would have hoped - maybe small specs of wax I didn't get off? Anyway, advice is appreciated. Also, I did not armorall the interior vinyl as armorall seems to be a dirty word on this board. Since it's new can I just clean the dash with water/towel for awhile or do I need to apply something now? Thanks again.
Bigcat.
Old 05-12-2001, 03:44 PM

I suggest you use Zaino. I just did the Zaino job - the claybar makes the surface very smooth - like glass.

I still haven't figured out what to use for the dash - just using damp cloth for now.

Zaino is great stuff - the reflection is incredible!!!
Old 05-14-2001, 03:03 AM

For the dashboard, those Swiffer, Dust n Go, type dusters work really well, taking off greasy fingerprints as well as the dust.

Ross
Old 05-14-2001, 05:28 AM

Did you wax in the sun? I've noticed that if you waxed in the sun, it tends to be harder to remove. also, don't use the cleaner wax... it's a little abrasive... since your car is still new, relatively new, just wash it really good, and use a more "conventional" wax... I am really liking the 3M stuff. It works VERY good and lasts a long time.

-SHing
Old 05-23-2001, 08:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shingles
I am really liking the 3M stuff.
Old 05-25-2001, 06:42 AM

To clean the interior (dash, etc.) use 303 aerospace protectant. It does not produce a high gloss shine. It keeps the dash looking like it did when you picked it up new but adds the extra needed protection from the sun.
Old 05-25-2001, 12:05 PM

Definitely get Zaino. Last week I polished my s with Z2 and parked it in the sun for 1.5 hours. Polish came right off! Remember, use only a SMALL amount! Not like any other wax/polish you would use. Check out all of the other post in this forum on Zaino and I think you'll be convinced like I was.......
Old 05-26-2001, 06:14 PM

Not a good idea to leave the car in the sun to dry the wax.
It sometimes can be more difficult to remove. Great wax and car care products in the Griot's catalog. It's a little expencive, but I have liked the stuff I bought. It's online with car care and cleaning tips. The site address is http://www.griotsgarage.com

2001 Spa Yellow #7025
Old 06-02-2001, 09:27 AM

TWS2000,

What you said is true for "WAX", but not Zaino! Let it cook in the sun or whatever, it simply dries and then you wipe it off. NO FUSS! Zaino is not anything like typical waxes or car finish products. See many posts on this site for further details, but this stuff is awsome. I have put a few coats of Z2 on my Yellow S and the shine is SWWWEEEET! The trick is to use the gloss enhancer (Z6?) in between coats..... WOW is all I can say.
Old 06-02-2001, 02:16 PM
S2R

Zaino is awesome. I used the clay bar and the car feels smooth like glass. The polish gives the car a very shiny wet-like look. I would recommend giving it a try.

Quick Reply: wax etc.