S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Washing at a do it yourself carwash?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washing at a do it yourself carwash?

I just got my berlina black s2000 and was wondering if It would be safe to wash it late afternoon at my local DIY carwash. I know it's pressure wash but they also have an option for soft spray. Would it be a good idea just to clean my car up a bit or should I just take it to a detailer?????
Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can certainly take it to a DIY carwash.

I would recommend going off hours so your not rushed or backing up other cars.

Bring your own buckets, washmitts, towels and chemicals - - - basically use the carwash only for their water.

Don't use their wand brushes, they may have just washed an off-road jeep with rocks/mud/debris.

In terms of the pressure hose, just don't point it at 90 degrees to the paint (spray on an angle) and don't point at the seals on the roof - - - it will blast right through.

You are good to go.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Former Sponsor

I would have to agree with RUGBY.

just use their water and pressure washer. I would say bring your own gear and go on off hours.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by RUGBY

Bring your own buckets, washmitts, towels and chemicals - - - basically use the carwash only for their water.

Don't use their wand brushes, they may have just washed an off-road jeep with rocks/mud/debris.

In terms of the pressure hose, just don't point it at 90 degrees to the paint (spray on an angle) and don't point at the seals on the roof - - - it will blast right through.

You are good to go.

I used to do it but the self wash doesn't allow you to bring your own stuff. There were cameras in every stall. I brought my sh*t anyway. What are they going to do, kick me out?

Back to the subject, do not use anything but the pressure washer.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 AM

DIY carwashes are my favorite, and like the others have said you can always bring your own buckets and stuff. If I were to use the brushes they have I would pressure wash that first too before it goes near my car.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by RUGBY

You are good to go.

What are some good supplies I can get for the wash as in towels ,washmits, carwash solution? Also what do you suggest to dry off my rag top and car???
Old 05-09-2012, 04:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read up here or hit a site like Autopia. Good is highly subjective and it's up to you to determine what you consider good or not.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bigxsteph2000
Originally Posted by RUGBY' timestamp='1336479622' post='21678725

You are good to go.

What are some good supplies I can get for the wash as in towels ,washmits, carwash solution? Also what do you suggest to dry off my rag top and car???
Take a look at the sponsor's web site for this forum. I get all my supplies there, very reputable products.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dry your car off FAST too. the majority of those places recycle water. My Civic SI got spotted like crazy from that water, took a whole day to strip the wax off and polish out the watermarks
Old 05-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000
dry your car off FAST too. the majority of those places recycle water. My Civic SI got spotted like crazy from that water, took a whole day to strip the wax off and polish out the watermarks
Intersting point that I never considered.

Quick Reply: Washing at a do it yourself carwash?