S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

The Wacko is spreading

Old 04-30-2008, 02:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice jay!!

how many cars?

what went right (what would you definitely do next time?)

and

what went wrong (what would you probably not do next time)?

if any of those guys dont have badges, let me know (i need to know which car is theirs in the pics and screennames- pm is best for this)--
Old 04-30-2008, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a really great idea.

Silly question. How do you split up the cost of materials, stuff like polish and whatnot? As you know, some of this stuff is pretty expensive.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Karl,
We are all going to be supplying various things and not nitpicking too much about the cost. The people who aren't bringing much in the way of detailing will be bringing extra for the potluck so it all works out.

For me, personally, I don't mind "sharing the wealth". I'm not opposed to splitting a $30 bottle of polish among 10 friends to help their cars look good. I can always get another.
I doubt there is much they could bring that I will use in place of what I already have anyway, but if I can help them get better at keeping their own car clean, it just makes me feel good because they are friends. The nice thing about this group is that I can say that about any one of them.

Obviously (if I had it) I wouldn't be letting them use Swissvax Mystery, but a can of P21S/S100 is no big deal.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabre,May 1 2008, 12:01 AM
Karl,
We are all going to be supplying various things and not nitpicking too much about the cost. The people who aren't bringing much in the way of detailing will be bringing extra for the potluck so it all works out.

For me, personally, I don't mind "sharing the wealth". I'm not opposed to splitting a $30 bottle of polish among 10 friends to help their cars look good. I can always get another.
I doubt there is much they could bring that I will use in place of what I already have anyway, but if I can help them get better at keeping their own car clean, it just makes me feel good because they are friends. The nice thing about this group is that I can say that about any one of them.

Obviously (if I had it) I wouldn't be letting them use Swissvax Mystery, but a can of P21S/S100 is no big deal.
That is kinda what we did, I hosted, and people helped pay for food and drinks, otherwise stuff was shared between everyone.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sabre,Apr 30 2008, 04:01 PM
Karl,

You know, you're right - fair enough, and mine was a silly question. I was just doing some quick math in my head, and even though I've got a pretty sizable "arsenal" of detailing kit these days, I'm not sure I'm equipped to handle 12 cars.

Wish I lived in Oregon, but that's a bit of a drive from North Carolina for a detail day Maybe I can get the NC group together for something similar. I'm sure someone has the space to do it (I do not).

Oh how the autocrossers would make fun of me then! They all call me a "waxer," which is something of a derogatory statement in the motorsports circle I guess. I just tell them "Yep, I am. And don't lean on my car."
Old 04-30-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by krshultz,Apr 30 2008, 08:03 PM
I just tell them "Yep, I am. And don't lean on my car."
Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 PM

OK...I'm a single girl who works more than full time, with pets to take care of, gym to go to, have 2 1/2 acres to take care of and I also volunteer for 6 different causes on a regular basis. Needless to say, I drive the dirtiest S2K in Oregon, I am so ashamed . A year ago I decided to sell my S2K as I couldn't seem to find time for it...then I ran across this site , it seemed like a good idea to go on a couple of drives before I put the car up for sale. After the first drive I was hooked on this great group of guys. I've owned the car for 5 years and never had such a great time . Needless to say, the car never went up for sale. And as Aaron said, I call everyone of them "Friend"

But my car remains one of the dirtiest car on our drives (not always, but most of the time). I can't EVER seem to find the time to polish. After the last 2 drives, and made fun of a couple of times, I thought I better get some help. And our "Detail Day" was born.

I opened up my property, and the guys are coming to teach me a few things. In the end, I hope to have my car as shiny as Aaron's.

Yes, I admit it. I opened up my property for the use of Detail Day for selfish reasons. My car is finally going to get clean and shiny.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:18 AM

thats awesome. wish there was intrest enough to do that up here. Granted there arent even enough s2000s up to do it like you guys did. Oh well. Maybe i will have to get something like that going with my buddy and their TC groupies. Good idea man.

-Ian
Old 05-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=mysilvers2k,Apr 30 2008, 11:08 PM] OK...I'm a single girl who works more than full time, with pets to take care of, gym to go to, have 2 1/2 acres to take care of and I also volunteer for 6 different causes on a regular basis.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mysilvers2k,Apr 30 2008, 11:08 PM
My car is finally going to get clean and shiny.

and we cant wait to see it...
maybe some before and after pics??

btw, nice property!!

Quick Reply: The Wacko is spreading