S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Using NXT after Klasse= wasted $$??

Old 04-10-2004, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using NXT after Klasse= wasted $$??

After reading all the different posts about different waxes, I got some NXT Tech Wax to try out on my week-old MY02 (Sebring Silver).

After washing with Meguire's NXT Wash (great smell and lots of suds!), I clay-bared it and then washed it again.
After drying with a California Blade and Big Blue MF towel, I applied Klasse AIO (which I used on previous cars and always liked).

When buying the NXT Wash I saw the NXT wax and thought I'd give it a try. So I applied the Klasse and then waited an hour or so, and then applied the NXT wax. Did all applications and buffing by hand with no great effort and no soreness.

It looks great (and feels like silk), but since both of these products are synthetic (polymers?), am I just wasting time and money applying the NXT over the Klasse? I don't think I'm "hurting" anything, but has anybody done that before and had any noticeable results? Would a pure carnauba have been a better choice after the Klasse? (S21 or other ??)

Thanks in advance.
HB
Old 04-10-2004, 09:58 PM

NXT ='s ROXORS.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:00 AM

Good Question.

First, I am a Klasse user and I top it off with P21S if I want that extra shine. The reason I like this combo is because Klasse is an all-in-one product. In other words, when you use Klasse, it removes the previous layers of wax. Therefore I do not have to worry about a yellowing waxy build-up. Typically I'll use Klasse every 4 to 6 months and use just P21S in between.

I assume NXT is just a synthetic wax and not an all-in-one product. Therefore, I would assume it would be OK to use it over Klasse in the same way you use a carnuba.

I have bought it and plan on using it on my black Accord exactly the way I use the Klasse / P21S combo using NXT instead of P21S. I will continue to use Klasse for the same reasons as before ... for its cleaning aspects of the all-in-one.

One question for you. When you put the NXT on, was the shine noticeably different then just Klasse alone?
Old 04-11-2004, 03:01 AM

Originally posted by BigMeanBull
NXT ='s ROXORS.
What the heck does this mean?
Old 04-12-2004, 05:18 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Very good possibility that NXT stirpped off the AIO as it defintely has some cleaners in it. Saw a test on a differnet board where they were testing things on a washing machine with permanent marker and the NXT took the marker right off.

Mark
Old 04-12-2004, 08:38 AM

Having said that the NXT probably removes the AIO that doesn't mean you shouldn't do both. AIO is a very good cleaner adn teh better the surface is for the NXT the better job it will do as well.

Mark
Old 04-12-2004, 10:04 AM

Actually Mark, upon further study and calling the toll-free number on the packaging, NXT is NOT technically an "AIO", and does NOT specifically say "cleaner/polish/protectant" like the KLASSE product (on the bottle).

In my case, when applying the NXT (after Klasse), the surface was already "glassy smooth" and very shiny, so it went on like butter (or cream?). Truth be told, I didn't actually SEE any appreciable difference or improvement after the NXT was applied, and I certainly didn't FEEL that I was stripping off the Klasse while applying the NXT either! The bottle simply says "synthetic, polymer-based wax"--NO claims of cleaning or polishing on the package--only says it will help with swirl marks and minor paint imperfections...that's it!

I'm going to continue with this regimen--but probaby use ONLY the NXT after washing (every 2-3 weeks or as required) since the Klasse is supposed to last for several months--and here in sunny CA, I'm actually more concerned about the top and it's proper care!!

Hope that clarifies/ helps??
Harley
Old 04-12-2004, 11:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by HarleyMB41
--and here in sunny CA, I'm actually more concerned about the top and it's proper care!!

Harley
harley- since you are concerned about your top...
keep it down and under the boot (thats what i do)- it still looks new after 3.5 years!!
of course that means i have to take extra care of the interior- for that i use products with sunscreens (vinylex and 303), and cover the car when i am not in it!

interesting report on the synthetics in combo...
i like to sandwich synthetics and carnuba (currently topping zaino with p21s), but interesting approach with two synthetics-
Old 04-12-2004, 02:55 PM

Harley,
I have seen many people doing the AIO/NXT thing and having great luck with it and if I ever have time on one of the few nice days around here I will be trying it on my blue truck to see what kind of pop I get. Whether Meguiars admits it or not NXT defintely has some solvent based cleaning abilitites take a look at the following picture showing how easily it wiped a sharpie off. This pseudo test caused a big stink at Autopia

Mark