S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Tried out some new products on my berlina

Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried out some new products on my berlina

Hey guys, just got some new stuff in today and wanted to try it out. My car wasnt too dirty but had a few waterspots since it sat out in the rain about 2 days ago. Few bugs on the bumper/windshield too.

As you can see not too bad.
Started out with P21s wheel gel cleaner and P21s TAW on the windshield/tires. Brushed with various brushes.

On the car itself I used Chemical guys CWG with my new gilmour foamaster Only had 1 bucket full of clean water and a grit guard to dip my wool mitt in after I did a panel. I pre-soaked the entire car with the foam gun and rinsed it off to make sure all the dirt and crap that can scratch the paint was off. After that I just did 1 panel at a time.

Still got some nice beading from the Lusso Oro applied a little more than 2 weeks ago.

Sorry to all the pros out there, but I had to take one of these

Applied Chemical guys FADE2BLACK on wipers/trim and the bumper trim.
50/50 shot:

I really like this stuff. Just spray on and walk away. Pretty big can and much cheaper than black wow.

Finished off with meguiars ultimate quick detailer. I also think this may be my last time using a WW drying towel. First use went well, 2nd went ok, but by my 3rd use it started spreading water rather than absorbing it. Plus I have to dry the doors and rear bumper about 5 times since the mirrors and tailights kept dripping. Picking up a blower asap.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 PM

The reason why you are having issues with your ww drying towels is because you need to sheet the water off the car before using the towel. How you do this is take the nozzle off your hose, and turn it on half way, and then take the hose and gently glide the water across the hood, doors, etc, and you'll see the water "sheet" away. When you're done "Drying with a hose" you'll only have blobs of water to dab dry.

Here's a good video to illustrate the difference between just normal washing, and then sheeting water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myG7h...eature=related
Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM

Yeah I have heard of that method just never bothered to actually try it. Ill try it next time hopefully it works better.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

great feedback on your new products.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Oct 9 2008, 09:53 PM
The reason why you are having issues with your ww drying towels is because you need to sheet the water off the car before using the towel. How you do this is take the nozzle off your hose, and turn it on half way, and then take the hose and gently glide the water across the hood, doors, etc, and you'll see the water "sheet" away. When you're done "Drying with a hose" you'll only have blobs of water to dab dry.

Here's a good video to illustrate the difference between just normal washing, and then sheeting water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myG7h...eature=related
This works great, very little to dry after if your car is waxed well.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:20 AM

I hope I can get my black s2k to look as clean as yours..