S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

traditional wax or zaino

Old 03-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traditional wax or zaino

I researched the threads and there is a lot of information. I feel like I have over load.

The finish on my car is good, it is also not a daily driver and very much a garage queen. Only in the brighest direct sun can i find a hint of micro scratches. I just don't know which way to go.

I am a car dummy and don't really know if I can do Zaino correctly or if it is worth the trouble for a car as pampered as mine.

I know Zaino is relatively new compared to more traditional finishers. What are you guys doing now that Zaino has been out for a while. I really like a good frequent wax, i love the deep rich look of white, which is what I have, and wax has been good to me. I may be ready to take the next step, but I am super busy and honestly, usually have to pay to get my car waxed cause I have to work three jobs and have my daughter every other weekend so I just don't have the timefor Zaino, I fear. I can't find any pros in my area that know how it works.

thoughts please

I know this subject has been beat to death, but it really is confusing to some of us
Old 03-07-2005, 06:53 PM

Based on what I've read from the Pros on Autopia, your pro could / should have a variety of products to apply to your car ... maybe even Zaino.

As I said before, your looks come from the process you use to achieve it. Products are important but I can get a great looking vehicle using the right prep and process and a so-so look using Zaino and the wrong process.

Having said this, the time consuming part is the intial prep and application (i.e. Wash. Clay, deswirl .... etc) to get a desired look. Once you get it there it is pretty easy to maintain a garage queen. After you have 1-3 coats of Zaino or any other good LSP, it is easy to maintain it with reqular washing, Z6, and an occasional Reapplication of Zaino.

If you really can't find the time, I would check with your detailer ... even if you have to by the product for them (of course, you keep the unused portion).

New Z2 Pro is supposed to be relatively quick drying and easy to apply and remove. If you use Z2 Pro with ZFX, you can apply 2-3 coats in a cople of hours

Hope this helps
Old 03-07-2005, 07:03 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

White? Deep? Rich?

I like white too (as I'm sure you can tell), but I think dark colors do a significantly better job of bringing out depth and richness.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

zaino is still pretty much an enthusiasts product- professional detailers do not usually want to take the time for several coats (which is where you get the most incredible results)...
synthetics will provide longer protection than carnubas- so the extra time can be justified.
btw, it is a great way to relax- and i would encourage you to make the time... most of us dont have the time, but we find it!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by PeaceLove&S2K,Mar 7 2005, 10:03 PM
White? Deep? Rich?

I like white too (as I'm sure you can tell), but I think dark colors do a significantly better job of bringing out depth and richness.
creamy may be a better word, I have a carbon graphite TSX, and paints that don't have the "pearly" look since richer to me

small vocabulary i guess
Old 03-08-2005, 01:53 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by billyho96,Mar 8 2005, 04:13 PM
creamy may be a better word, I have a carbon graphite TSX, and paints that don't have the "pearly" look since richer to me

small vocabulary i guess
I see what you're saying.

I have a dark red pearl Integra that has more depth in it than my S2000, even after just a quick wash.

I do like depth (which to me, is more than just shiney, it describes what appears to be a smooth thin transparent layer over the paint - someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I can't get my white S2000 to be really "deep." I'll still take white over any other color though.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by billyho96,Mar 8 2005, 02:13 PM

small vocabulary i guess
I have a pearl white TSX, really nice car!
Old 03-11-2005, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by petraidm,Mar 7 2005, 07:53 PM
Having said this, the time consuming part is the intial prep and application (i.e. Wash. Clay, deswirl .... etc)
zaino is actually very easy to work with. i just put some z2 + zfx on, go have a snack, watch tv, whatever, and come back in about 30-60 minutes to wipe it off. then spritz some z6 on it, wipe off, and i'm good to go.

FWIW, here's a link to a comparison of several products done by an nsx enthusiasts site:

wax test
Old 03-11-2005, 07:47 PM

Yep, I agree. Zaino is very easy. First time around you will want to clean it with clay, but the Z2 part is easier than traditional wax.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:14 PM

I've tried most of them now and I prefer Wolfgang sealent by a large margin. It's no fuss like NXT, much easier to apply than Zaino (I always had trouble with Zaino, must be the weather by me), little prep required, layerable, long lasting, and of course it makes your car look amazing -- even 4 months later through a rain season as I found out this Winter.

Right now, I have a highly polished surface and a single coat of Wolfgang on my car and just last weekend someone on the freeway stuck his body out of a truck and yelled "Nice car!" while we were going 70 mph. Not bad for a stock MY03 with a single coat of sealant.

Autopia reviews:
http://autopia.org/review/censura.ph...ils&itemid=466

Quick Reply: traditional wax or zaino