S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Tire Black?

Old 02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
TJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Black?

What do you guys recommend to keep the sidewalls looking great???
Thanks.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:52 PM

Not running into kerbs
Old 02-09-2005, 07:55 PM

i work at a funeral home, and part of my job is to detail the funeral cars, yes, including hursts! hehe
i wash my car there and get all the top of the line products free, we use a product call Tireless Shine, not positive who makes it, ill have to look next time im at work.
just spray it on, very simple, easy and looks VERY nice.

and for future referance, dont get a tire shine that is a foam, they are no good!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:58 PM

to avoid a mess:

get an old sponge, moisten it with some water and apply your favorite tire shine to it. then apply the sponge to the tire sidewall and you'll get a nice even shine with no extra, unnecessary mess that'll splatter on your paint once you start driving.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:52 PM

Black magic works great for me. Just get their wedge applicator.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:50 AM

Stoners "More Shine Less Time" is the best I have ever used. Will not gunk up and collect dirt.

Advertised in most car mags and can be ordered over the net at a reasonable cost. I buy it by the case
Old 02-10-2005, 12:25 PM

There are lots of procducts .. I use Meguiar's endurance
Old 02-10-2005, 03:19 PM

The "tireless shine" product that was previously discussed is made by a chemical company call ed Zep, I believe. It's what they use at most dealerships as well. My father uses it on his G35 and it looks GREAT. You should be able to ask a local car dealer if they can order some for you, as I'm fairly certain it's not available for private sale. GREAT stuff though.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:27 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

I might get flack, but I use Armor All. Not the regular, but the detailers advantage with the silver top (yes it's a foam). If you know how to use it, then it only stays on the tire. However, you can't just "spray and walk away" like they say. I don't buy that with any product. Spray it on, then wait about a minute. Then take a wheel cloth of your choice and wipe it off. It penetrates enough to keep it shiny, but you remove most of it to keep it from slinging off. lasts a good bit too.

I've tried gels, but they just gunk up in the little grooves of the tire's writing and the silicones just fly off onto your doors. The foam is light and does a good job in cleaning the tire as well.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:41 PM

If you are looking for the absolute best, try this out

http://www.sportscarcare.com/scc/pro...ItemID=jor-shi

Its a royal pain in the a** to apply, you have to make sure the tires are 100% free of any oils and silicone before applying.

Basically you have to scrub each tire with a wire brush.

But once its on there, I have never found anything better and I think I have used all the products out there. This stuff basically is a plastic coating on the tires, always looks black and shiny even in the rain. I applied it about 2 months ago and it still looks new. Very good product, I wont ever go back to the oils and silicones that slid off the minute you start moving, and since this stuff is not oily, the tires dont get dirty and attract grease and dirt. Maintenance is a sinch, when cleaning the car, just run the sponge over the tires and thats it.

PM if you have any questions, I got it from SPorts Car Care, only place that carries it and Chip is a great person to deal with.

Quick Reply: Tire Black?