S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Time for some new microfibers & wash mitt

Old 06-29-2013, 08:40 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I bought a Troy Bilt TB180B electric myself, it was cheap and has a decent rating. There are cordless models as well, but they weren't available when I bought mine. Assuming you have a decent wax job on your car already you don't need a much higher rated blower.

http://www.troybilt.com/equipment/tr...ic-leaf-blower
Old 06-29-2013, 09:43 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Fish, I really like these. A little expensive but worth it as you can take the wax off of the hood and trunk with one towel. About 8 dollars per towel sometimes cheaper with coupon codes.ReThickulous microfiber is what they are
Old 06-29-2013, 08:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think you wanna use a gas leaf blower for your car. I think I've heard about these things spraying small amounts of gas occasionally, which isn't something I would want to deal with.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
I don't think you wanna use a gas leaf blower for your car. I think I've heard about these things spraying small amounts of gas occasionally, which isn't something I would want to deal with.
Exactly. Definitely go with electric.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 AM

Just picked one up at Lowes' yesterday for $35. Looking forward to wash my car soon!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:23 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Hope it works for you, just start from the top and work your way downward. Don't forget the wheels as well.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:31 PM

Thanks! After some research. I've decided to go with this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-...6#.UdXnL_mbPfI.

LOL! This is a game changing tool for me. I despise drying after washing. This allows me to pretty much skip the towel's drying process and go straight to quick detailing. Washed my car and motorcycle yesterday and this makes it fun!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
That's not true. If you ran the engine without an air cleaner and air cleaner cover and pointed the intake at the car (which would be pointless), that would be the only reason gas could POSSIBLY come through the carburetor. I use a gas leaf blower to dry my S as well as other cars, never had this issue because I run them with air cleaners and covers installed. Certainly saves on dry time!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by FISH22
My current microfibers are starting to leave some very fine swirls in the paint. Not sure if it's coming from my wash mitt or drying microfiber. Either way, I figured it would be best just to replace everything to play it safe. The stuff I have right now is all Cobra stuff, and probably all a couple years old. Yeah, they're probably way too old and dried out, which is why I'm experiencing this.

Any advice for some good mitts and microfibers out there? I feel like I can spend hours on Autogeek and DD looking at different ones, and never make up my mind.
I watch this guy on YouTube haven't had a chance to buy some yet but he seems to know what he's talking about he has a lot of videos about detailing your car..
Watch "How to use AMMO Hydrate" on YouTu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0hz...e_gdata_player
Old 07-08-2013, 11:40 AM

Walmart has a really good leaf blower for $25. Weed Eater Leaf Blower

Quick Reply: Time for some new microfibers & wash mitt