S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Is there ANY way to remove swirls

Old 12-12-2007, 07:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well... first of all there is nowhere nearby to plug cord in underground parking lot. Second, if I were to wash my car, I have to go to my friends' place because there's no place to plug hose also which make it very inconvenient. I'd love to take whole day taking care of my car and polish it but the time definitely limits me. I guess I'll try by hand first then if it doesn't go well, I'll borrow a PC from friends if they have. I just bought an intro kit from autogeek. I'll see how it goes.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vik2000,Dec 12 2007, 08:23 AM
Well... first of all there is nowhere nearby to plug cord in underground parking lot. Second, if I were to wash my car, I have to go to my friends' place because there's no place to plug hose also which make it very inconvenient. I'd love to take whole day taking care of my car and polish it but the time definitely limits me. I guess I'll try by hand first then if it doesn't go well, I'll borrow a PC from friends if they have. I just bought an intro kit from autogeek. I'll see how it goes.
again, the idea of posting up in your local forum looking for someone who has the machine and know how (and also a plug in) works- i have been told over and over again...

regardless, post up before and after pics if you can- and good luck!!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll definitely do so Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning on doing my car with Menzerna's final polish by hand as well. I bought one of those buffing pals by wolfgang. Will this polish be as difficult being it is just the final polish or am I insane for trying?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 AM

I have one of those buffing pals as well as a PC. The only time I use that buffing pal is for very fine scratch removal via ScratchX. It does work, but be ready to go over the same spot over and over until you're happy. I've had to do 5+ applications on one small 1x1 area before I was somewhat satisfied. PC does the same in much less time/effort.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Dec 12 2007, 08:48 AM
(and also a plug in)

Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=Jay2000,Dec 12 2007, 11:38 AM]I was planning on doing my car with Menzerna's final polish by hand as well.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Read here Vic: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthrea...=&threadid=7011
Old 12-20-2007, 12:15 PM
mud

So I'm about to post a new thread when I read this and feel appropriate that my question go here.

I, like the OP, do not have a PC nor a garage. While I would love to learn how to do this, I simply do not have a place for it. I've been lurking this forum for awhile now and have learned a lot. I've clayed the car, used Zaino products and P21S. Obviously the next step in my addition is to remove those damn swirls and seeing some of the work FMINUS and others have posted, I know I want that. So given my desire to have a nice finish and no place to do it, I considered a detail shop close to my office. I just came from there scratching my head.

The owner said, "We do not use a buffer to remove swirls. We use Brand X product. You only use a buffer to remove oxidation or other damage." ('Brand X' being some sort of Meguiars product he mentioned but do not recall.)

Now this seemed contrary to everything I learned from here and especially this thread. I walked away scratching my head thinking this didn't make sense and was going to ask if it did when I stumbled across this thread.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the easiet/best way to remove swirls with a buffer?
Old 12-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by mud,Dec 20 2007, 01:15 PM
The owner said, "We do not use a buffer to remove swirls. We use Brand X product. You only use a buffer to remove oxidation or other damage."

('Brand X' being some sort of Meguiars product he mentioned but do not recall.)
Run away from that shop as fast as your little feet will take you

Brand X from Meguires would be "Scratch X". Scratch X will remove minor scratches, but in order to achieve an ultra fine finish, a PC, or a rotary is part of the equation.

Anything that Scratch X will not correct, a rotary will. Minor scratches, and swirls can be corrected with a PC.

Quick Reply: Is there ANY way to remove swirls