S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Thanks 303 (wrecked my soft top)

Old 04-19-2024, 01:17 PM
mjk

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The 303 fabric guard I have specifically says not to use on vinyl. That is what the aerospace protectant is for.

I'd try and see if I could scrub away the damage with dawn and a soft bristle brush.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (04-19-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 07:15 AM

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,023 Posts

You can also use what is recommended by manufactures for those tops: Raggtop. There is one for cloth tops and one for our OEM top which is vinyl made to look cloth like.

I have been using it for over a decade and my top looks new. It has UV inhibitors and other goodies to make it look great. Plus you don't have any runoff issues or smears to worry about.

From Wolfsteins:

RAGGTOPP™ Convertible Top Vinyl Protectant is the strongest professional strength vinyl protectant on the market today. It has been exclusively formulated for exterior and interior commercial vinyl products without streaking.

RAGGTOPP Convertible Top Vinyl Protectant contains NO silicone, oils or petroleum distillates and will not harm automotive paint, aluminum, exterior trim, plastic or rubber surfaces.

Our patented formula repels dust, grease, dirt and the growth of mildew which with regular use keeps your vinyl like new for years to come.

Long lasting washable formula, RAGGTOPP Convertible Top Vinyl Protectant offers complete protection against UV fading, cracking and hardening of all vinyl products.

RAGGTOPP Convertible Top Vinyl Protectant is the only vinyl protectant that contains ultraviolet (UV) blocking absorbers from BASF Tinuvin© offering maximum protection from harsh environmental elements from nature and man.

Can be used to safely restore a like new appearance and protect all vinyl surfaces such as convertible tops, interior panels, seats, dashboards, automotive trim, awnings, hot tub covers and more.

Easy application, simply spray on then wipe dry.

Old 06-13-2024, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used 303 Aerospace protectant on my 23 year old S2K top and plastic rear window for years with good results. That may be the reason they are original and in good condition. I have never used any outdoor fabric protectants, because the top and window aren’t fabric. I’m informed by reading this thread that I should NEVER use any fabric protector in my vinyl top. One thing I have noticed here is that tho OP hasn’t contacted 303 about what is needed for correction. A few years back, I got some 303 Touchless Sealant which is a DYI ceramic coating sprayed on with rinse water. Before using it I called 303 for information on its use. Ive info I got was very accurate;