S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Thank you Wash&Wax subforum!

Old 06-21-2011, 04:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Thank you Wash&Wax subforum!

I've been in limbo with cars as of lately and jumping back and forth between so many cars that I never even bothered detailing them because they were gone as soon as they came. Yesterday was the first wash my 00' S has seen in 4 months, and since I had ~30 minutes to kill I waxed her with my leftover Lusso Oro from years (2 years as of may) ago to protect the CF/paint before I could do a full detail if I even get the chance.

Process (if you can call it that ) was just a 2 bucket wash using a microfiber towel. Started off rinsing off the car the best I could with the hose and loosely knocked off dirt with soapy water. then did wheels after (pics were taken today, so a bit of brake dust got on them)

It's been so long since I've touched my detail setup that I'll probably be starting over on supplies come Fall aside from my Flex machine with all new polishes/pads/MFs. But I digress, without further ado, a super duper swirled 00' simply washed and waxed with Lusso Oro. Also, the wax crusted on the top so I scraped the top layer off carefully and used a heatgun to loosen up the wax a bit. Looked fine to me when applied in an inconspicuous area.

(you can see where the sunlight is how hazy the paint is from the swirls) that's it for now until I find the time to do a full detail. Thanks for everything to you all