S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

tested out some new products

Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default tested out some new products

I picked up a few new products and though I would write a review.

#1 NXT insane shine tire spray
This product defiantly does what it says. I have not used a tire shine that has more shine than this product. It goes on easy. A few sprays on a towel and quickly wipe on and your done. This product does not last long, a few days at most. It is best used for shows or meets. It does not fling off too bad like some other products. On the S i got some tire gel on my car after driving because my wheels stick out past my fenders. On my van i did not notice any gel on the body work of the car.

#2 Chemical Guys Insta Wax+
This is a spray on wax that gives a little bit of shine. To use it you spray a towel with the product then wipe on to the car, then wipe off with a clean towel. 2 sprays is good for 1 panel. I like to use this product in between full details. It gives a nice layer of protection and give a new shine to your paint. You can wax the entire car in 15 minutes. It goes on and off very easy.

#3 Chemical Guys Bare Bones
I love this product. You just spray it on the fender liners and leave it. It makes the liners look like new. It keeps you liners looking new for longer than if you just cleaned them. I use to clean then treat my liners but with bare bone i just spray them down and Iam done.

^^bare bones+NXT insane shine tire spray

Robert
Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take two jugz of each.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice report... and bare bones looks similar to what i was using, but gonna have to try this one now!!

i like your last before and after pic--
Old 09-15-2008, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Sep 15 2008, 12:32 PM
nice report... and bare bones looks similar to what i was using, but gonna have to try this one now!!

i like your last before and after pic--
what are you using? I like bare bones because you just spray it on and you are done.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:21 PM

can bare bonez be bought otc anywhere?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

great write-up
Old 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by AP1rulz,Sep 15 2008, 02:21 PM
can bare bonez be bought otc anywhere?
I have not seen CG stuff at a otc store. I buy it at CG they have 2 locations in SoCal. Other than that I think you have to buy direct from their web site.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:52 PM

I can vouch for Bare Bones!!!

not so much the OP

j/p j/p

Old 09-15-2008, 11:42 PM

+1 for CG Barebones. i personally have the gallon and would recommend to at least buy that to anyone. take into consideration this stuff is affordable (i think like 15 or 16 for the gallon plus comes with a 16oz spray bottle free) vs buying a smaller 16oz bottle (like 7 or 8 bucks). 16 bucks is cheap, the stuff lasts awhile, and with having a large amount u'r not too worried about running out/low. makes the fender area great, and can b used on engine bays and other parts (if used on engine bays i'd go with app onto a towel then wipe on to avoid anything dripping and such). with the cost of shipping, it makes sense to buy this product in a much larger quantity, and try a couple other CG products out at the same time. i can also give props to their JetSeal109 (a great sealent tho there have been durability issues reported. dispite this the application is far easier than anything i've used hands down), and their citrus wash and gloss is extremely popular.
overall i'd say CG is a great company when looking for quanity as they sell tons of great stuff in gallon sizes, they're cost effective, and have great customer service.
note to people not out West, they're shipping will leave something to be desired. i order from Phil at detailersdomain and recieve my shipments to detroit within 3 to 5 days. i've ordered only twice from Chem Guys and the first time got my order 8 days after placing it, and the second time 9 days. CG are huge and have a lot to offer... but it's strickly CG. Phil carries a lot of different brands and top notch products. so IMHO, diversify your products and companies to find things that work for you. surely u can look all over the internet and find product A or B for a cheaper price than detailersdomain (dont forget your s2ki code for 10% cheaper btw), but good luck finding them all in the same place, for the same shipped price, with the same super fast shipping, and amazing customer service. so far one minor goof with over 5 orders from DD, and they fixed it right away. Phil and crew can hang with all the big boys!

p.s. i should be recieving my first ever order from autogeek.net in a couple days. if anyone is interested in it, i can create a post to review the products as well as my first impression with autogeek