S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Super Simple Kit for Spa Yellow?

Old 11-24-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Super Simple Kit for Spa Yellow?

So I've spent a few hours looking through the stickies and posts in this forum. I'm sorry, but I've been hit with information overload. There's just too many options!

Can someone help me assemble a really simple kit for my 2002 Spa Yellow?

Here is what I want to do:
  • Fill in and blend a few paint chips
  • Remove some swirls
  • Finally, get a slick, shiny, wet gloss

Here is what I have on my list so far:
  • Porter-Cable 7424XP
  • Claybar
  • Honda touch-up paint (Spa Yellow Y52P)
  • Microfiber cloths

For the paint chips, I read through all of the "Scary paint chip repair" thread and understand that I will put in some touch-up paint, let it "cure" for 1-2 hours, claybar it, rinse and repeat. Then after a month of real curing, I can take a PC to the car and blend the touched-up areas in... Sound about right?:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...&t=249356&st=0

What am I missing?:
  • Which polishes? Sealants? Glazes? Waxes?
  • Which pads?

Keep in mind I'm a noob and I don't want to burn/damage my paint or go through my clear coat.
Please keep me safe for my first attempt and point me in the right direction. Thanks guys!
Old 12-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryD
So I've spent a few hours looking through the stickies and posts in this forum. I'm sorry, but I've been hit with information overload. There's just too many options!

Can someone help me assemble a really simple kit for my 2002 Spa Yellow?

Here is what I want to do:
  • Fill in and blend a few paint chips
  • Remove some swirls
  • Finally, get a slick, shiny, wet gloss

Here is what I have on my list so far:
  • Porter-Cable 7424XP
  • Claybar
  • Honda touch-up paint (Spa Yellow Y52P)
  • Microfiber cloths

For the paint chips, I read through all of the "Scary paint chip repair" thread and understand that I will put in some touch-up paint, let it "cure" for 1-2 hours, claybar it, rinse and repeat. Then after a month of real curing, I can take a PC to the car and blend the touched-up areas in... Sound about right?:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...&t=249356&st=0

What am I missing?:
  • Which polishes? Sealants? Glazes? Waxes?
  • Which pads?

Keep in mind I'm a noob and I don't want to burn/damage my paint or go through my clear coat.
Please keep me safe for my first attempt and point me in the right direction. Thanks guys!
Porter cable is so easy to use. Tape off sections 2x2 feet and Make sure you spread the compound/polish on setting #2. After that then do 5 full passes on setting #5.

How bad is the paint? Is their severe oxidation/swirls? If its not too bad then start with Lake Country 5.5" Orange pads and Meguiars Ultra Cut Compound #105 and then if you want to go over the car again to top it off go with a Lake Country 5.5" White pad and Meguiars Ultra Finishing Polish #205. After your done I would then add a nice Carnauba Wax for a protection. I use different Zymols, Wolfgang Fuzion, Miglione waxes, DoDo waxes, Pinnacle and XMT's waxes and AutoGlym and they all work amazing.

Hope that helps.