S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

SUPER fast way to wash a car?

Old 05-31-2007, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found that a foam gun suds up the car in one pass, then instead of loading up a wash mitt with soap, all I am doing is wiping off the suds from the car, and rinsing the mitt. Actually gets more soap on the car than a normal bucket wash.

A high quality squegee also aids in whipping off the standing rinse water, allowing you to only need one towel to dry off the S.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use the QEW stuff since i live in the apartment and don't have a water hose accessible. Definitely needa use a two bucket method with this stuff. Adding some QD into it helps a lot too. It's sad to say but i through trial and error on a black saleen was how i figured out that you really needed to use a two bucket method to prevent marring of any kind. Rinse the towel or mitt real well before dipping it into the QEW/QD too. On average, it takes me about 15 minutes to wash the car. Takes me longer to take everything i need to from my third story apartment down to the parking lot.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try a California Duster for the pollen.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:38 PM

I can wash my s2k in under 10 Minutes start to finish

1) Drive into coin-op carwash
2) Get Change
3) Take out MF mitt from ziplock
4) Spray down car with high pressure gun
5) Spray on foam with gun
6) Wipe with mitt
7) Spray down with spot free water
8) Drive away

Since I found that Coin-op place in Burbank, CA I can't wait to wash my car. If they only had connections for my PC, I would spend an entire day there.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:19 PM

lol ^^ I used to take a bucket of warm water and a terry towel to the one down the street from me and wash my truck there. Wash it for $1.50 every time, did that for like a year.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:11 AM

I use the foam gun with 1 bucket to rinse off the wool
I use older wool mitts to clean the bottom of the car
The California blade to get the excessive water off
Then just pick up the rest with my mf drying towel
Old 06-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Former Moderator

I have an excellent system that Ive been using for the last 3 years, and it has worked great. I have actually gotten some of my other car buddies to do it as well. I call it, the wet-wash.

Option A...if your car is pretty clean, just a little dusty from daily driving....you will need, a hose, and a microfiber towel. Turn the hose on low, KEEP IT ON. Soak the towel, and begin wiping down your car. Here is the trick....keep the water flowing over the towel AT ALL TIMES. After this, just dry off, and the car is clean as a daisy. This process takes about 5 minutes without the wheels, and 10 with wheels...same applies for wheels, but do them after the paint, dont want brake dust on the paint.

Option B...If your car actually has some dirt on it......grab your favorite squirt bottle, and fill it with 30% car wash soap, and 70% water....shake it up. Spray your car liberally, and proceed with option A. Works everytime.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:15 AM
AP2

heres a quick/lazy way to wash your car, but it cant be super dirty...sometimes i get the hose and turn it on with a steady stream, get my absorber super wet and just wipe down the car. Then I ring the absorber out and then dry the car.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:42 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by AP2,Jun 3 2007, 05:15 AM
heres a quick/lazy way to wash your car, but it cant be super dirty...sometimes i get the hose and turn it on with a steady stream, get my absorber super wet and just wipe down the car. Then I ring the absorber out and then dry the car.
Is there an echo in here?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 AM

Before drying the car, run a steady flow of water without any hose attachments over every body panel, it'll shed off the water. By the time you're done with that, there's not much drying to do. Take a Microfiber drying towel and finish it off! It's easier if you maintain the wax on the car too.

Quick Reply: SUPER fast way to wash a car?