S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Suggestions for cleaning up stickies

Old 09-06-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for cleaning up stickies

OK. So, in another thread Wanabe asked for some suggestions for cleaning up the stickies in this forum. We definitely have a lot now and could probably stand to change them up a bit. I thought starting a new thread might be a good idea so that we can gather all the suggestions in one place.

So, here are my personal thoughts on the subject . . .

detailing- the how tos (step by step) - great thread with a lot of great information. This IMO absolutely has to stay. Maybe just add a sub heading of "Noobs look here before posting!!"

Zaino FAQ - OK. Zaino certainly uses confusing product nomenclature (Z1, ZFX, Z5000 , etc.) and it's certainly a popular choice of product. However, IMO this sticky should be removed. As far as I know Zaino is not a forum or S2KI sponsor and none of the sponsors sell Zaino. So, unless we're willing to put up an FAQ sticky for every brand our sponsors sell I personally feel it's unfair to have one for Zaino. It's also kind of unfair to every other car care manufacturer out there trying to make a buck as it tends to point people directly to Zaino.

post pics of your detailed car here - I like the idea of this thread. It got kind of OT with people posting pics of other people's cars that they had detailed, but all-in-all IMO the thread is solid and should stay with the caveat that people should not only post pics but also a description of their detailing process.

wash and wax card available - I like that we have the card, but maybe we could merge this with the benefits of becoming a wash & wax member thread.

Products you use / used - Reading through this thread there's not a lot of what is IMO useful information and IMO it should be dumped. It just tells me that Joe Blow used NXT Glass Cleaner. It doesn't really give much information aside from product names.

your fav detail products supply sites - not a bad thread. IMO we should keep this one.

product reviews - IMO this is what the Products you use / used should have been. These reviews not only name the products people use, but give detailed descriptions on why. Using these opinions and stated characteristics forum members can make a more informed buying decision.

Again, these are just my personal opinions. Please feel free to state your own as well in this thread.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good suggestions and a great start- will wait for input from others before weighing in on this...
thanks mikeyc!

this is a forum of the members and we want members' input so that this is the best site it can be!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 PM

My thought is the stickies are for the folks who do not visit the section as often as others. I know I'm on the W&W forum 4-5 times/day just checking in

When I look at the stickies I just check the time of the last posting to see if I need to catch up on a discussion...So with that in mind, limiting to high level threads would be best...

Such as: detailing- the how tos (step by step); benefits of becoming a wash & wax member; your fav detail products supply sites; product reviews. Within these threads you could link the other current stickies like Mikey kind of suggested. You could have the Zaino FAQ in the product reviews thread.

My .02
Old 09-07-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by SDCJ,Sep 7 2006, 03:27 PM
My thought is the stickies are for the folks who do not visit the section as often as others.
my thoughts exactly!!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by SDCJ,Sep 7 2006, 12:27 PM
My thought is the stickies are for the folks who do not visit the section as often as others. I know I'm on the W&W forum 4-5 times/day just checking in

When I look at the stickies I just check the time of the last posting to see if I need to catch up on a discussion...So with that in mind, limiting to high level threads would be best...

Such as: detailing- the how tos (step by step); benefits of becoming a wash & wax member; your fav detail products supply sites; product reviews. Within these threads you could link the other current stickies like Mikey kind of suggested. You could have the Zaino FAQ in the product reviews thread.

My .02
thx for your input- we will be working on the redesign in the next week or so and will use your thoughts!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:04 PM

zaino faq has been moved as suggested...

and the w&w "business card" thread has been merged with the benefits of membership thread-

and merged the products you use with the product reviews thread...

thanks for the help guys!!
making progress!!

will drop this thread off of the stickies in the next few days and we will have a much cleaner sicky section... the detailing of the stickies is about complete!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Sep 11 2006, 05:04 PM
and merged the products you use with the product reviews thread...
IMO I think instead of merging the two we should just drop the "products you use" thread. This thread really doesn't have much of any useful information in it except that person X uses product A which doesn't say much at all.