S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Suggest a Sealant

Old 10-18-2007, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RACER,Oct 18 2007, 03:50 PM
Von Puck
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant

http://www.autogeek.net/wococarca.html
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 PM

I assume that mixing the Optimum Compound and Polish w/ the Klasse sealant is ok? I also have menzerna final polish that I bought from a local member (half a bottle). Would that be in any way better than the Optimum stuff?

And if I want some extra depth and shine, I can layer some wax over top of the Klasse sealant?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dmw16,Oct 18 2007, 07:59 PM
I assume that mixing the Optimum Compound and Polish w/ the Klasse sealant is ok? I also have menzerna final polish that I bought from a local member (half a bottle). Would that be in any way better than the Optimum stuff?

And if I want some extra depth and shine, I can layer some wax over top of the Klasse sealant?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help.
Polish first. Do you have any pics of your car? If you have light swirls I would skip the compound.

Wax over sealant

Didn't you say you have jw sealant? Use that instead. I top my jeff werkstatt trigger with p21s about once a month.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:55 PM

Oh and if you do use a glaze, skip the jeff werkstatt prime (or klasse aio).

I actually just used 3m glaze and toped with jeff werkstatt trigger. It's only been about a month (i have p21s on too), but so far so good. I hope it lasts me a while

My girlfriend's rav 4 has just jeff werkstatt prime strong and trigger, so I'll be able to see which car holds up to the elements longer (we both park outside in a carport). I usually top another coat of p21s/trigger once a month, but since winter's coming around...
Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 AM

how did the 3m glaze turn out?

if the JW trigger is the sealant, then yes, I have JW Sealant.

I dont usually do a good job capturing the swirls in pictures, but I can try.

What color Edge pad would be best for a polish such as Menzerna FP or the Optimum Polish? I may be using the wrong pad. Also, what color pad for a glaze (if I go w/ a glaze).
Old 10-19-2007, 05:05 AM

Don't forget that there are two versions of Jeff's Werkstatt. There is the acrylic version (sealant) and the carnauba version. So, if you're talking about JW make sure you're specific about which one you're using.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:30 AM

I have the acrylic stuff. So I may just go ahead with that.

So what color Edge pad would I use with a glaze if I were to decide to try a glaze? How about w/ the Menzerna FPII?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:57 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

If you were to go with a glaze use a pad that has no cut since glazes are meant to fill in minor imperfections and to not correct them. I use my Grey CCS pad for applying glazes and sealants. I was also thinking about purchasing a new glaze but I changed my mind, glazes are very weak to enviornmental elements and would rather just stick with a sealant/carnauba wax as an upkeep. Plus when applying sealants, they were meant to bond to the paint and by adding a glaze it gives a very slick surface for the sealant to bind to which could decrease the life of the sealant/wax. From further reading it seems that glazes would be more beneficial for a show.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by dmw16,Oct 19 2007, 03:38 AM
how did the 3m glaze turn out?

if the JW trigger is the sealant, then yes, I have JW Sealant.
I applied the 3m glaze by hand, so I'm not sure if I reaped the full benefits of the product. I did notice a little reduction in swirls, but not to the extent that I had hoped for.

The glaze contains lots of oils, so what everyone has said is most likely true. The JW Acrylic Jett Trigger Sealant probably won't last as long as it should.

Overall, I'm happy with the look. To me, the glaze really helped make the paint reflect more; as opposed to using only JW Prime and Acryllic Jett Trigger.

Although I do agree with Carbon Blue, glazes really are more beneficial for a show. I've been very happy with the durability and look of just the JW Prime and Acryllic Jett Trigger.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Oct 18 2007, 07:13 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
My bad. I thought you meant this dude.

Quick Reply: Suggest a Sealant