S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Streaks on inside of windsheild!

Old 09-25-2003, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streaks on inside of windsheild!

I have these horrible streak marks on the inside part of my windsheild that I cant remove. I have cleaned it about 3 times and they are still there. You can only see them at certain angles. I used newspaper, with windex. Someone please give me a suggestion on how I can make my windsheild look clear!

-Greg
Old 09-25-2003, 02:25 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't you just love those?

Here is how I clean the interior of my glass. First take some bounty paper towel (does not leave as much lint as cheaper brands) and dowse it in warm water. Wring it out and wipe the interior of your glass removing all residue/dirt/film

Next, take a glass cleaner (Eagle 20/20) works well for me, and spray the product on top of the damp glass.

Use another dry bounty sheet to wipe all the excess glass cleaner away, leaving the glass dry. You'll have to work quickly, because whatever dries will leave streaks. Keep wiping turning the towel often, until the glass is squeaky clean.

Next, I use a clean (new) microfiber cloth to "polish" or buff the glass clean, until I can hear it squeak. Keep this cloth specifically for this purpose, and keep it bagged so it doesn't get dusty while in storage.

I then lean into the car, lie on the seats if I have to, looking in at various angles, polishing away until all the streaks are gone. A dark garage, with a dim single source of light above the car will accentuate the streaks you talk about. It is under these conditions that I find it best to buff the glass with my microfiber cloth.

Long winded...perhaps. I hope it helps you.

Good luck!

Asif
Old 09-25-2003, 02:43 PM

VTEXTC,
Sounds like you had the same problem I am having. I will try that next, thank you for your help! Oh yeah would windex be OK, thats the only glass cleaner I have, and do you spray it directly on the windsheild or spray it on the paper towels?

-Greg
Old 09-25-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try vtextc's suggestions above (that should do it)... if that doesnt work, you might need some glass polish.
however, before using a polish on our windshield we would need to know for sure that any tint is in the glass (i am 99% sure it is) and not on the glass.
glass polish is like body polish- it contains some grit and is meant to remove everything on the glass (especially good for exterior pitting)... so it should be used only when all else fails.
i just polished the outside of my glass this past weekend- brings back the newness of the glass.
let us know how vtextc's ideas work...
Old 09-25-2003, 04:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there's no tint, simply use fine steel wool. Clean the surface first, make sure it's dry, and use steel wool. I've used steel wool to take out things like water spots to overspray (paint).

Also, I use the blue "shop towels." They leave less lint than Bounty (when in a pinch though, I do use Bounty).
Old 09-25-2003, 05:12 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The blue "shop towels" work really well. I would stay away from windex though. It really isn't formulated specifically for automtive glass, there again, what do I know about cleaning chemicals? I do know that Eagle 20/20 has worked for me, and I would suggest that since we are talking about the inside of the glass, steel wool might be uneccessary.

Regards

Asif
Old 09-25-2003, 09:23 PM

Eagle 20/20 works for me too.
Old 09-26-2003, 05:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IVe used stoners glass cleaner, works great on those streaks.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:12 PM

Have you tried a clean 70/30 Microfiber towel? Most of the time just the towel alone will remove that foggy residue on the inside of the window.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:22 PM

Use a newspaper with whatever glass cleaner you normally use.

Quick Reply: Streaks on inside of windsheild!