S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

stains on recently installed clear bra

Old 08-05-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stains on recently installed clear bra

Hi guys,

First time poster on this forum, I was hoping you guys could help me. I just had a full front clear bra (bumper, hood, fender and side view mirrors) installed on my S2000 and I parked under a pecan tree (didn't know it was a pecan tree). When I came out, I saw pecan's on my car; I didn't see any dings or anything, but there was green gunk and sap on my hood. The next day I decided to wash it off, the stuff not on the clear bra washed off fine. The stuff that was on the clear bra stained apparently and doesn't wash off. It feels like its completely flush with the bra. The next thing I tried was some household dish washing liquid but that didn't do anything at all.

Anybody got any idea's about what I can do to get the stains off and save a trip back to the guy who did the bra?

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the board!

can you post pics?
in the mean time the first thing i would try is plexus...
with a soft rag- mfs work well
Old 08-05-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try rubbing alcohol, if no effect step up to goo-gone if it is not by an edge of the bra.

Be careful with the goo-gone because it is an adhesive remover so you don't want it to deattach your bra if it got on an edge.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the quick replies. Here are some pictures of the stains on my hood.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:10 PM

I just tried Plexus, no luck there. Sprayed it on and tried rubbing it out and nothing. Also tried letting it sit there for a few seconds and did nothing to the big stain.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=MadClepto,Aug 5 2006, 12:10 PM] I just tried Plexus, no luck there.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned

I am not familiar with Clear Bra maintenance but does a clay bar work on them? Perhaps claying would work on that material.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GPMike,Aug 5 2006, 06:03 PM
I am not familiar with Clear Bra maintenance but does a clay bar work on them? Perhaps claying would work on that material.
Bra's are prone to scratching and swirling even more so than paint.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After all your other options fail, I would try scouring powder (Ajax, Bon Ami ,Comet etc.) I realise this stuff is hard to recommend on any finish but as a last resort only. Anything would look better than what you have now and there is probably a product that might be able to minimize any damage to the bra that the Ajax may have caused.
Check with the shop that installed the bra, surely they get these types of questions all the time and may have a remedy.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:00 AM

Just wanted to update the situation about the clear bra. The guys who did the work said that the warranty did not cover stains on the material. At first I was getting pretty frustrated but I asked him if he could contact the distributor and we were able to get a courtesy warranty. They are going to replace the flim on my hood, as for some spots on the fender, I guess I'm SOL there. Lesson to be learned, don't park under trees and let your clear bra get stained.

Quick Reply: stains on recently installed clear bra