S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Speed Master Wheel Brush

Old 11-16-2015, 01:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Speed Master Wheel Brush

After lusting after this brush for a while, I finally decided to pull the trigger on it last month...

Whew, this thing works great!!! I wish I didn't wait so long... Easy to clean the brake dust from the inside of the wheel... The car (and the wheels) look so much better with the wheels clean from the inside out... Now I can't imagine being satisfied with just cleaning the face of the wheel...

I ended up getting the combo deal...the big brush, and the smaller brush...

http://www.autogeek.net/daytona-spee...r-brushes.html

Any recommendations on a good wheel brush for taking care of the face of the wheel (and the small crevices on the face of the wheel)?
Old 11-16-2015, 03:51 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I use what's called a wheel woollie on the face of the wheel after applying and letting Sonax dwell on the wheel. A lug nut brush works well for the surface around the individual lug nuts and any tight areas.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/adam-s-wheel-woolie.html
Old 12-26-2015, 03:09 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeekiM
After lusting after this brush for a while, I finally decided to pull the trigger on it last month...

Whew, this thing works great!!! I wish I didn't wait so long... Easy to clean the brake dust from the inside of the wheel... The car (and the wheels) look so much better with the wheels clean from the inside out... Now I can't imagine being satisfied with just cleaning the face of the wheel...

I ended up getting the combo deal...the big brush, and the smaller brush...

http://www.autogeek....er-brushes.html

Any recommendations on a good wheel brush for taking care of the face of the wheel (and the small crevices on the face of the wheel)?

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
I use what's called a wheel woollie on the face of the wheel after applying and letting Sonax dwell on the wheel. A lug nut brush works well for the surface around the individual lug nuts and any tight areas.

http://adamspolishes...eel-woolie.html

I've been looking at both these brushes for a while also. But, I can't get a definitive answer as to how stiff the bristles are.

I have Enkei PF01SS wheels that get covered in brake dust from pads such as Carbotech XP8 or Project Mu Club Racers.

I don't want to mar the surface of the wheel, but I don't need to keep it mirror smooth like I'd try to for the paint. Most brushes for wheels I've come across are nowhere stiff enough to clean this brake dust effectively if it's bee left on the wheels for a week or two, or three.

Something with stiffness on the order of a toilet bowl cleaner brush is what I'm looking for, but in the right shape for cleaning wheels.

So, given that, how stiff would you guys describe each of these?
Old 12-29-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by davidc1
I've been looking at both these brushes for a while also. But, I can't get a definitive answer as to how stiff the bristles are.

I have Enkei PF01SS wheels that get covered in brake dust from pads such as Carbotech XP8 or Project Mu Club Racers.

I don't want to mar the surface of the wheel, but I don't need to keep it mirror smooth like I'd try to for the paint. Most brushes for wheels I've come across are nowhere stiff enough to clean this brake dust effectively if it's bee left on the wheels for a week or two, or three.

Something with stiffness on the order of a toilet bowl cleaner brush is what I'm looking for, but in the right shape for cleaning wheels.

So, given that, how stiff would you guys describe each of these?
I would not call the Speed Master Wheel brush as stiff as a toilet bowl cleaner by any means... That said, it is a stiff-ish brush that is designed to clean the inside of wheels and body panels... It is not soft enough that I would use it on polished surfaces like main body panels and the face of clearcoated wheels... I don't think that the brush would be terribly abusive to those surfaces...but I would use a much softer and friction-free material for surfaces that I really care about...

All that said, I am not sure it is as stiff as you would prefer, based on your description... I like it a lot though...
Old 12-29-2015, 02:31 PM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

I use these brushes and the wheel woolies in my detailing business. They do a great job especially behind the wheels and the hard to get to areas on some wheels.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Got one for Xmas, I have yet to use it.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by freq
Got one for Xmas, I have yet to use it.
If you have always just cleaned the outer surface of your wheel, and only cleaned the inside of the wheel when you took your wheels off to rotate them or change the brakes, you'll love this brush...

I have to admit that I never really paid much care or attention to the inner brake dust filth on the inside of my wheels...but now that I can get to it, the wheels look so much better...your detail job just visually has more "pop" with the insides of the wheels cleaned up...