S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Sonus Total Eclipse Product Review

Old 08-20-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sonus Total Eclipse Product Review

I was very fourtunate to recieve the Sonus Total Eclipse & Cockpit Detailer as a trial and was busy with work and just finished wash/wax/detailing car a few minutes ago.

I had the car for about 6 months now and the only cleaning and protecting product I use for the interior is Meguirs Interior Wipes. It left a shiny gloss leaving hands very oily after touching dash or door panels. It was the first and only interior product I have ever bought so I thought it would be the same for all other products.

So after my wash/wax I started on the interior. When I use teh Meguirs Interior wipes it leaves some spots very shiney and some dull, so I would have to go over it so it would leave an even shine. (Not really a fan of the gloss) So I sprayed some of the Sonus Total Eclipse on a microfiber and was suprised that it went on evenly with a slight mi-nute gloss and faded to a dull stock look. I went all over my dash, door panels, center console, and roll bars. Sometimes it didnt seem like any product was going on the plastic so on the center console i sprayed the product directly onto the plastic and suprisingly after a wipe it still had the dull look. No Odors liek the Meguirs, and no oilyness (?) like the Meguirs.

Haven't used the Sonus Cockpit Detailer yet but I will post a review when i do.

If you want the condensed version and dont like to read:
+ Sonus Total Eclipse > Meguirs Interior wipes
+ Sonus Total Eclipse

Sold the rest of the bottle of wipes to my friend for 2 bucks. Yes I would buy this product again. Thank you for the oppertunity fo rusing this product.

Old 08-20-2005, 04:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good review steven...
sounds like you have a new interior friend!
Old 09-18-2005, 04:04 AM

Hi all, I too was fortunate enough to receive the Sonus free samples but unfortunately due to bad timing have not been able too use them.

The samples arrived prior to Katrina but unfortunatley I had various things booked that I couldn't use them. I planned on detailing the cars the weekend before the storm but ended up evacutating instead. Our house survived with minimal damage (thank God) which but life is still not normal. I am sitting here on a battery power with a bootleg wireless connection I can only get early in the morning. I still do not have phone or internet at the house. Power is also erratic.

Hopefully, I'll be in a position to clean the cars next week; it has been 5 weeks since the cars have been clean. Since the bootleg connection is hit or miss, I will post as soon as I can.... unfortunately Bell South is making my life more miserable ... they say phone will be repair by 12/6 and internet by 1/24 ..... needless to sy I probably will no longer be a Bell south customerin the near future.

Good luck to y'all, hope t check back in soon!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Former Moderator

You and yours are far more important than a Sonus review.... It'll wait.