S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

sonus & fiber works

Old 08-21-2005, 02:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default sonus & fiber works

time for a detail of my car, mainly cause the products that i needed to test were starting to pile up!

process- first detailed the interior...
first step to wash the inside glass (eiman's clear glass product- one i use regularly, and good stuff- no streaking, easy on and off with clean glass results)- next step to fully vacuum all interior surfaces using my high powered vac.
then chose to use no leather products, but used the sonus total eclipse for all interior surfaces. the result was a like new interior- my only complaint was with the spray... too light for me- i like to move fast and soak rags quickly with the products i am using. so i would prefer a different spray head- and i admit that this is not a product problem- the product impressed me for ease of application and it left a nice new matte look. i think i coulda gotten it to shine if i had tried, but liked the matte look. i went easy on the leather cause i was a bit reluctant to use a non-leather product. but i was surprised- it did not clog the seat pores and also left new looking seats. a product that i will use again. i will probably also use a leather product next time on the leather, mainly cause i have so many of them!!
then i finished off the interior with the sonus cockpit detailer. it says it is for dust repellet. time will tell on this one.

on the exterior, i tested the fiberworks shampoo- a good shampoo that gave good sheeting action and great suds. used the leaf blower to start the drying and then big blued the rest.
the wheels got a cleaning with the fiberworks last minute detailer (they were already pretty clean)- i like this product, and it seems to be a carnuba quick detail spray. i then wheel waxed the wheels.

chose the fiberworks 3 amigos vinyl, rubber, leather product for the tires- i really liked this product for the tires. much thicker than most vinyl products (similar to meguiars endurance), but not so thick that you have to worry about it slinging onto the car- it works in well. very high marks on this product for tires. dont think i will be using it on leather- but again, mainly cause i have so many leather specialty products already.

then i did a sonus polish (blanking on the name- maybe "restore", but it was the most aggressive they have)- was trying to get some "ghosting" off the car, and concluded that it is a clear coat issue (between the paint and clear coat) so i am stuck with this one.
"brought the polish down" with 3m swirl remover for dark cars (still my product of choice). because i had polished the front end, i then decided to zaino the old fashioned way and re - z1ed the entire car (yup, its o.k. to z1 even over z2- and i decided to use up some excess z1), and then z2ed it too. was gonna put another z2 and then p21s, but ran out of time- so i have something to do at the next washing!!

of the products tested, my fav was the fiberworks on the tires and the sonus total eclipse in the interior. those will likely find their way into my regular routines- the jury is out for me on the sonus cockpit detailer. i am not sure just how useful an interior quick detailer will be (i do like the "get rid of the dust" quality if it really holds up).
Old 08-21-2005, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanabe,
Here s a tip for the Sonus Cockpit detailer. The bottle says to spray and let dry. I found it leaves streaks some times. So I now spray and wipe, let it sit for a few minutes then wipe off excess No more streaks!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jonw440,Aug 21 2005, 04:27 PM
Wanabe,
Here s a tip for the Sonus Cockpit detailer. The bottle says to spray and let dry. I found it leaves streaks some times. So I now spray and wipe, let it sit for a few minutes then wipe off excess No more streaks!
good tip... thanks jonw440!

i look forward to using it without first using the total eclipse first next time the interior begins to need a touch up- and will take your advice.