S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Sonus Der Wunder Towel...

Old 03-22-2006, 05:42 AM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts
Default Sonus Der Wunder Towel...

Did'nt get my Q.answered in a previous post.
How does Wunder towel compare to Big Blue for drying???
Promblem is,I want to order everything from the same place to minimize shipping costs,and where I get my Sonus Spritz,they don't have big blue,and vice versa...
So,is Wunder any good???
Thank's.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they both work great in my experience...
i really could not rank them-
either one is fine with me.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:11 AM

See,the problem is,I need Sonus Spritz,a can of CD-2,and a BIG BLUE.
And they all come from different places,so I have to pay shipping on each item,and it's always 150% of the price of the item.
Bottle of Spritz is $10.00,shipping is $15.00.
There should be a Super Detailers Mart,that sells everything in one place.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire,Mar 22 2006, 11:11 AM
See,the problem is,I need Sonus Spritz,a can of CD-2,and a BIG BLUE.
And they all come from different places,so I have to pay shipping on each item,and it's always 150% of the price of the item.
Bottle of Spritz is $10.00,shipping is $15.00.
There should be a Super Detailers Mart,that sells everything in one place.
I hear you. No one store seems to sell all the brands I buy. Also, CD2 is almost impossible to find. The only on-line retailer that sells it is Midway at least that I am aware of.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:31 PM

That's where I get it.
http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedpr...iption.asp?4618
Old 03-22-2006, 05:48 PM

I have 2 of the "Ultimate Drying Towels" from Sonus (the gold and red ones). It is larger and more expensive than the Der Wunder Towel (DWT comes with 2 per package), UDT is priced per towel.

As the UDT is my first WW towel, I have nothing to compare it with. But I can say this... With a totally wet car, it will take more than one to dry the car. Even with wringing, it left streaks behind. So I use one to get the bulk of the water off (with several wrings) then follow up with a dry one. I like these UDT towels but would not describe them as "ultimate". Perhaps the DWT is a better buy since it comes with 2.

I sympathize with your shipping situation... I face the same issue which sometimes leads to buying more than I need to justify the shipping charges (I hope a vendor does not read that). So, maybe the Sonus wash kit would justify the shipping. Like you, I am still looking for CD2 locally as well as Meguiar's engine detailer degreaser to no avail.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by yyyiiikes,Mar 22 2006, 09:48 PM
As the UDT is my first WW towel, I have nothing to compare it with. But I can say this... With a totally wet car, it will take more than one to dry the car. Even with wringing, it left streaks behind. So I use one to get the bulk of the water off (with several wrings) then follow up with a dry one. I like these UDT towels but would not describe them as "ultimate". Perhaps the DWT is a better buy since it comes with 2.

I sympathize with your shipping situation... I face the same issue which sometimes leads to buying more than I need to justify the shipping charges (I hope a vendor does not read that). So, maybe the Sonus wash kit would justify the shipping. Like you, I am still looking for CD2 locally as well as Meguiar's engine detailer degreaser to no avail.
Do you sheet off the excess water with a stream of water from your hose before drying? If you flow water over the surface of your car (after washing) most of the standing water will sheet off leaving just a little water which is easily dried with one WW towel. The better your coat of wax/sealant the more water sheets off.

Also, a lot of Emil's shipping issues are due to the fact that he buys from US companies and ships to Canada.

If you haven't already, I would check your local yellow pages for a paint & body shop supply store. If you can find one that stocks Meguiar's they'll likely have the Detailer Line. Also, Meguiar's has a retailer locator on their website and you can specify that you are looking for the pro line.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the tips MikeyC.... I'll give the sheeting method a shot.

Just last weekend, I re-applied Zaino so that should help. I picked up a cheap leaf blower to help with drying the car but I found it was a little under powered. However it did work well drying the glass and wheels.

Everyone seems to have some of Meguiar's product but not the pro line. Thanks for the reference to their locator, I'll look it up.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:01 AM

Also park the car on a slight incline if you can. It should help some more of the water to run off.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=MikeyC,Mar 22 2006, 11:01 PM] Do you sheet off the excess water with a stream of water from your hose before drying?

Quick Reply: Sonus Der Wunder Towel...