S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Some Random Questions

Old 05-25-2004, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Random Questions

assuming i was rich and i could do anything to a car im asking a few questions

1 how much does it cost to put a new layer of clear coat on a car, ive seen cars have this done and they are like mirrors, its such a perfect shine yea =) cost of clear coat?

2 also since you can get clear bra and it can be removed easily y cant they make like a entire car bra, cover the whole thing so it will be protected, is it cause its hard to apply?

3 how many times can u remove swirl marks typically before you lose ur entire clear coat?

4 is it legal to black out headlight, tailights? ive seen it done and its a really nice look

5 do brakes ever need to be cleaned? i would think debris would accumlate inside the caliper and stuff and make braking worse?

6 how to clean the inside of heads, especially on older cars, some how the insides get a little hazy so how to clean this?

7 any s2000 owners have mirror turn signal LED thing? < > in the mirrors?

8 what exatly do i need to completely clean my car, towels, car soap, clay, MF, wax, etc?

9 how to make ur car smeel not funny, i have clean it and vacuumed but it retains a funny like stale food or Body odor smell to it, i shower daily and etc so it aint me but i dunno >...?

thx its alot but i hope u can answer a few
Old 05-26-2004, 07:19 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here is the answer:

if you were rich, you wouldnt work... instead you would wake up in the morning and detail your car!!!

o.k.- so you would detail it every few weeks or so- and you would apply a great synthetic. a full detail includes removing the wheels to detail both them and the undercarriage- brakes, etc.

good news is that you dont have to be rich to do this- you just have to find the time!
Old 05-26-2004, 01:28 PM

Here is my opinion.
If I am rich, I will get a new car whenever my current car is in needed of first oil change.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:49 PM

Ok if you were rich and could do anything to a car, I'm sure you'd find better things to do it that sit and wash it all day, but here we go:

1. You don't want an extra layer of clear because too much clear can make the paint job look too "deep", if that makes any sense, and yes, as above, it can crack

2. Clear bras are still noticeable, and unless you want a nice clear plastic sheen over your entire car, you... um... won't do it . Also, are you really planning on going fast enough in reverse and/or sideways (hmmmmmm... ) to warrant having a bra over your entire car?

3. A LOT... this shouldn't even be a concern... I believe Meguiar's has a wax out now that will remove swirl marks better than most of the other products out there

4. Thank the dear Lord that GTS does not make anything for our beautiful, beautiful cars... and no, it's not legal

5. No, but you can buy some brake cleaner and spray that stuff right on there if you really feel the need to

6. I'm going to assume you mean headlights. I've never seen this happen to an S2000, but if you really want to put the time into it, on most cars, you would have to completely remove the headlights from the car, bake them in the oven to seperate the lenses from the housings, then maybe try cleaning it with some all purpose cleaner. I know this worked a little bit on my old 94 Accord when I did my DIY black housings. As far as POS cars like neons and stuff go, just buy new headlights, preferably the crystal clear versions.

7. My gosh I hope not. Our cars, not being the size of a semi (i.e. the Ford Excursion), have no need for this. Ghey.

8. ::Edited:: soap and water

9. You mean an air freshener? Just make sure you hide it somewhere out of sight
Old 05-28-2004, 05:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SpeedTheory
Old 05-28-2004, 02:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brian_k03
1. too much clear coat can be a bad thing, it can crack.
2. it would be overkill, mainly for rock chips which occur primarily in the front.
3. depends
4. i do believe it is illegal, but only a select few look nice with this setup. i believe that was the cool thing to do to your lights before altezzas.
5. they do sell brake cleaners in a bottle, but no real need functionally, probably be cleaner.
6. not understandin question
7. havent seen any pics of any but i sure there are some.
8. MF, cleaner wax, soap or pressure spray at car wash, duster, tire shine (armor all = bad), i like rain-x, a nice canuaba wax to top off any synetic wax u put.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:14 AM

i think armor all bad cuz once its gone ur tire has a weird color to it orangish? or something instead of a dry black look? from waht ive heard.../read