S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Soap?

Old 05-31-2006, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using baby shampoo for quite awhile now. I figure if it doesn't hurt a baby's eyes, it's not going to hurt the car or strip wax off. I'm not certain how cost effective it is though, since it's not as concentrated as car soap.

Don
Old 05-31-2006, 03:41 PM

I went with the TOL Bubble Bath after reading the reviews at Autopia.org.

I was starting to suspect my NXT was a little harsh and was stripping the Zaino off my car, so I went with the much milder Bubble Bath. I will let you guys know how it works out once I receive it and wash the car.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:37 PM

I use Dove soap.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Former Moderator

Einzett 1Z Perls
Old 06-02-2006, 08:15 AM

Dont ever use Dove or any liquid kitchen soap. They will suck out the oils out of your paint from what i have been told. Remember the commecials "Dawn cuts the grease out of the way".

I am not sure about bubble bath and what have you but why risk it. From what i hear automotive soaps are specially designed to not suck out the oils and somehting else i cant remember out of the paint.

I would never use anything but a automotive soap on my car.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:46 PM

Well i got the Top of the Line bubble bath and washed my car on sunday.

Here are my observations.

The soap I feel is much better than my NXT. It kept suds the entire time of the wash, usually by the end of the wash with NXT all I have is soapy water with no suds. I only used the recommended amount of 2 ounces, 4 cap fulls. At this rate, the soap is going to last me forever!

Also the soap was much slicker, better lubricity. Felt like the my wash mitt was able to glide over the paint much easier. Did I mention it comes in a one gallon container. Great stuff, no more NXT for me.

Any of you guys interested you can pick it up here, great price too.

http://www.topoftheline.com/topoflinbub.html
Old 06-06-2006, 07:26 PM

I've heard good things before about the TOL car wash soap. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list of things to try.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by diabolus2k,May 29 2006, 11:33 PM
Another gold class fan here
Ditto. Meg's Gold is highly recommended. Good suds, good cleaning. Rinses clean and doesn't strip wax.

Those of you using non-automotive products beware. They are not designed to clean a painted surface. You may, or may not, do any damage to your finish, but why take the risk?

Any good quality automotive soap (like some of the brands mentioned here) are designed specifically to clean your car with damaging it. Go with those.

Baby shampoo? I don't think so.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:14 PM

I use Megs Gold Class and Zaino - much prefer Zaino.

as for bubble bath/ dove etc,etc I would never do that. A friend (no lie) used Dove shower gel/ cream on her Fiat Punto - thinking well if its good enough for my skin what harm can it do?????? Well the answer is a lot!

Even after some intensive polishing with an orbital and some good polishes it still didn't bring the paint back up to where it was before she started and believe me it was not great to begin with.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:43 PM

I liked and used Zaino in the past, but it got expensive. TOL Bubble Bath is a great soap at a great price. I have also heard Meguiars Gold Class is great, but I wanted to try something new.

Quick Reply: Soap?