S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

so what to get for Zaino?

Old 03-23-2002, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so what to get for Zaino?

Since the GP for Zaino products is happening, what should I get? This is for a brand spanking new 02 s2k that's waiting for me in the dealership

Thinking of

Z1
Z2
Z6
Z18

Should I get two of each product? Not sure how long each will last?

Also thinking of Z5 and Z16. Maybe I should get two of Z2 and Z6?

Help
Old 03-23-2002, 07:36 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

If you're getting a darker color, Z-5 is a good choice in addition tot he Z-2. If it's Silver (like mine) Z-2 should be sufficient, since swirls are far less visible. I'm expecting to get Z-5 later as the finish may start to show some wear eventually.

The consensus seems to be that Z-2 should last 8-12 coats at least. Some have gotten up to 20+ coats on one bottle, but that will take some experience with applying it so thinly. The Z-1 bottle will last you pretty much forever, since you only use it every 8-10 coats or so.

I'm buying extra Z-6 in the GP, since this is the stuff you'll probably use up first. Use it between coats of everything, right after each wash, and also every now and then just to add some shine. It's really easy and quick to apply, and looks great.

I haven't tried the Z-16, so I can't comment.

JonasM
Old 03-23-2002, 09:54 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

A while back there was a lot of discussion about a new Zanio product that was to come out ... ZFX. Is it out? Anyone tried it?

As for use, perhaps this will give you some idea. In my first purchase test of the products I bought one Z1 and one Z2. I've used maybe 10% of the Z1 in one application and maybe 30% of the Z2 with five consecutive applications. I should have got some Z6 in my first order but I wanted to see if all the fuss was justified. It was. Excellent products.
Old 03-23-2002, 09:55 AM

Get all products
All of them are worth it
Old 03-23-2002, 02:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I use a lot of the spray (Z6?) and also the wash soap so I would double up on these. Z1 will last you forever since you only use it every few polishes. Z2 also lasts a long time since it is used sparingly. Someone has already posted here about ZFX and has said it is NOT worth the money.
Old 03-23-2002, 02:53 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
[B]A while back there was a lot of discussion about a new Zanio product that was to come out ... ZFX.
Old 03-24-2002, 04:57 PM

Seks - Your list is adequate, but as has been noted, consider getting some Z5 for the first couple of coats, then switch to the Z2. If you are going to get 2 of anything, get 2 of the Z6. I agree with JonasM, it visibly enhances an already great shine. As he said, use it between coats of polish - except not between the Z1 and the first coat of polish. Use it after the last coat of polish, after washing, and to remove light dust between washings. Great stuff. I'm going to try the ZFX this spring. I like the idea of being able to put on more than one coat per day. You might consider adding that to your list, as well.
Old 03-25-2002, 11:22 AM

is ZFX worth it ?

its all based on your particular detail program. do you have the need to do more than one layer of top polish a day ? if so - yes it is.

if you are a wash, dry ,wax (theres that word) on the weekend - do everything once - then NO it isnt.

if you are the first type of person - you will love the better shine - and multi coats.

one 2ml bottle will mix up with 2 of the 8 ounce polishes . it goes futher than it looks.

also, once you start with ZFX - you dont have to use it every time. you can always just take out your Z2 or Z5 and do a single layer. you just wont need Z1 ever again.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:06 PM

Can one use the zymol field gloss enhancer as a substitute for Z6?
Will it mess up the Z2 coating?

http://www.zymol.com/new.htm
Old 04-09-2002, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by asin
Can one use the zymol field gloss enhancer as a substitute for Z6?
Will it mess up the Z2 coating?

http://www.zymol.com/new.htm
The Zymol QD contains carnauba sap (?) and a lot of oils. Oils and Zaino do not mix. You might lose some of the reflectiveness you're used to if you have an oil-based product over the Z-2. And the Z-2 will not bond well to the surface with the Zymol on it. The Z-6 does help repel dust, not eliminate it.

Quick Reply: so what to get for Zaino?