S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Silver S2000 and Zaino?

Old 07-25-2001, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll admit that with the first coat on my silver, it looked nice but didn't blow me away. Now, 3 coats later, it looks absolutely amazing. The second coat really made a difference. Claybar it the first time to get the paint real smooth. Use Z6 before and after each application of polish and the paint becomes _so_ smooth. I love this stuff...

InsaniT
Old 07-25-2001, 01:53 PM

Originally posted by InsaniT
3 coats later, it looks absolutely amazing. The second coat really made a difference. Claybar it the first time to get the paint real smooth. Use Z6 before and after each application of polish and the paint becomes _so_ smooth. I love this stuff...

InsaniT
These are the secrets to using Zaino!!!! My only other suggestion is to use/apply the products sparingly - This will yield the best results!
Old 07-25-2001, 02:38 PM

I use Zaino on my Silver. I can think of no better testimonial than: "When I'm done, I have to put on sun glasses". The stuff is great.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:31 AM

I just ordered Zaino today; Spryguy will help me Zaino the Stook after I get the new paint buffed out again in a week or two; not that it needs the buffing, but the shop does this routinely to cars it paints.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:35 AM

Well, I got the Zaino stuff on Friday, and I spent like 3-4 hours working on my car on Sunday afternoon. After (1) washing w/Dawn (2) clay bar (3) wash with Z7 (4) Z1 Lok (5) Z2 (I bought Z5 but I just couldn't wait...) (6) Z6, and
then (7) nap, I pulled the S2000 out of the garage and into the sunlight.

All I can say is WOW! That is one shiny damn car now. In fact, it seems to be a different color altogether. It used to look like a metallic gray, and now it seems to be more silver. I'm pretty sure it's faster now, too

I'm never using anything besides Zaino again
Old 07-30-2001, 07:51 PM

Mine is silver, too. I used Zaino products for a while - then I discovered Finish First. Another of the synthetic polymer-type of products - but WAY better in my book!

Finish First lasts a lot longer than Zaino, and you don't have to worry about whether to apply "Z6", Z2", or whatever - you just put on another coat of the Finish First polish. Apply a thin coat, let dry, and wipe off. Very easy to use!! And, like Zaino, the shine gets deeper and more liquid-looking with every application.

Check this stuff out.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:41 AM

Finish First contains abrasives and does not last as long as Zaino. So you're saying it's easier to completely rewax the car than it is to just spray a quick detailer and buff it off with a clean towel? Probably not...

Sorry, nothing with abrasives will touch my car on a regular basis. I'll take care of my clearcoat.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:11 PM

No, Finish First does NOT contain abrasives !! It uses emulsifiers to lift off crud.

And in my experience it lasts longer than Zaino. Different strokes, I guess.
Old 08-03-2001, 07:10 PM

Chemicals aren't going to touch my car either. I've seen nasty results from that.

If it works for you, stick with it.

Cheers,
Sean
Old 08-04-2001, 05:58 AM

Originally posted by shizon'00
Another nice thing about Zaino is it doesn't leave those annoying white marks in crevices and things.
really? that alone will make forget about using up my 3m stuff and then buying zaino, im going to buy some as soon as i can now!!

Quick Reply: Silver S2000 and Zaino?