S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Sealant Glaze Vs AIO

Old 08-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

side question.. i'm a noob i know..

the 3m glaze is applied before aio and sg?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaeden09,Aug 13 2007, 12:45 PM
I used Sonus SFX-1, then Sonus SFX-2, then Sonus SFX-3, I used the Orange pad for 1, and two seperate white pads for 2 and 3, and then I went back with Zaino AIO, and let that sit for about 30 minutes, and then I put a coat of Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax, and then a day later, after using Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer, I used a coat of P21s, and then repeated it the next day :frown:
that process should have removed everything... and also should have protected it really nicely.
so it tells me that if they were gone when you finished, what you are seeing now are new ones.

do you wash your mfs only with mfs??
all tags removed?
nothing else touches the paint?

how sure are you of your answers to the above?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I washed my towels with only MF towels (It's the same ones you said I might have burned possibly, so I bought new ones, but haven't had a chance to wash)

None of them had tags, all the tags were stickers that were removed before washing.

They were washed with Pinnacle's MF Detergent.

Nothing else touches the paint besides wax, and UQD every other day (Help remove dust, and keep it freshly waxed looking)
Old 08-13-2007, 01:11 PM

Don't QD every other day.

Some people swear by the stuff, but I've found even using a waterless wash method (Spray and Wipe by Poorboy's supposedly very very slick) that very minor swirls will appear on your paint. Unless you're drenching the car with QD and you have a very very light amount of dusting, that would be a real possibility where you're swirls are reappearing from.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 PM

I also wanted to post again for tekstar, that the term "sealant glaze" can refer to multiple products. The 3M glaze is a polish that would be applied before your carnauba wax or synthetic protectant. The Klasse Sealant Glaze is a last step product to be used after polishing and cleaning with Klasse All-In-One.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by s98d7fs,Aug 13 2007, 04:11 PM
Don't QD every other day.

Some people swear by the stuff, but I've found even using a waterless wash method (Spray and Wipe by Poorboy's supposedly very very slick) that very minor swirls will appear on your paint. Unless you're drenching the car with QD and you have a very very light amount of dusting, that would be a real possibility where you're swirls are reappearing from.
Hmm... Now that you mention it, I did notice more scratches everytime I UQD'ed....

I think we found the culprit, and I tended to work the hood and trunk lid more (Flat surface, had more stuff on it,) and thats where the majority of the scratches are....

I love you s98d7fs.

Now it's time to repolish them out , AIO, and then get three coats of wax before I leave thursday to go out of town with the car.

Wanabe, you have been replaced... haha
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaeden09,Aug 13 2007, 04:00 PM

Wanabe, you have been replaced... haha
btw, i dont use a qd without first dusting the car...
and dusting isnt wiping- its kinda like "flicking" the dust off with the tips of the duster

---------
darn... easy come, easy go
not hard to find a new wanabe, huh?!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Maybe thats where I'm going wrong? Cause I always thought you could just spray QD on the surface, and get it off with the towel. by wiping it
Old 08-13-2007, 07:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s98d7fs,Aug 13 2007, 02:15 PM
I also wanted to post again for tekstar, that the term "sealant glaze" can refer to multiple products. The 3M glaze is a polish that would be applied before your carnauba wax or synthetic protectant. The Klasse Sealant Glaze is a last step product to be used after polishing and cleaning with Klasse All-In-One.
so if i were to use the 3m glaze, i would apply it after the aio, and before the sg? i just finished putting 3 coats of jeffs werkstatt trigger, the glaze can't be sandwiched in?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 PM

I think you're correct tek, but I'm not sure.... I would assume so, since the aio is a cleaner, and the SG has fillers (Cause it would be pointless to use the fillers, just to remove them with AIO)

Quick Reply: Sealant Glaze Vs AIO