S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Sealant Glaze Vs AIO

Old 08-12-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sealant Glaze Vs AIO

I pmed Wanabe asking him this, and he told me to post it as a question, so here it is.

Whats the purpose of a Sealant glaze? Whats the difference between a SG and an AIO?
Old 08-12-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

those are products created by klasse...

but what is a glaze is a great q that we havent seen here for awhile.
a glaze is usually a very mild polish, used for light swirls. they can contain oils and fillers.
there are no universal names for detail products, so you gotta read the labels of each one.
my fav glaze for a black car (like yours) is the 3m swirl remover.

aio is klasse's "all in one" and sg is their sealant glaze. again, just names.
they are both nice products for a black car, especially when topped by carnauba -

more klasse info:
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kus-kla-10.html
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/kus-kls-gla.html

and a sample of a more "true glaze"- the 3m (yup, thats my car in the ad!!)
http://www.properautocare.com/3mperswirmar.html
Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Jaeden,

Specifically, the Sealant Glaze made by Klasse has no abrasives or fillers. It's an acrylic sealant that protects the finish to be used after All-In-One.

AIO is a chemical cleaner and light polish to be used to create an optimum bonding surface for a final step product to be used overtop. As it cleans it leaves an acrylic polymer layer on top of the finish that can be used as a standalone/one step product, or when paired with SG it makes an extremely durable sealant for your paint.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:12 AM

So if I was going to use a paintwork cleanser, Would I want to use it before or after the AIO?

I'm trying to think of all my technical questions, and maybe make them into one post. (I'd probably repost it and name it "Technical questions" and maybe get it stickied. I tend to ask jackass questions if you can't tell... (One example is in my college Chem class, We were talking about electrons jumping between orbitals, and such, and the energy released, and how its given off as light or heat, and how they have distinct energy lines, and my question to my TA was, "Since the sun is just one giant conglomeration of elements, and they all release energy at distinct wavelengths, how do we get pure white light, which is a continuous wavelength of light )
Old 08-13-2007, 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=Jaeden09,Aug 13 2007, 10:12 AM] So if I was going to use a paintwork cleanser, Would I want to use it before or after the AIO?

I'm trying to think of all my technical questions, and maybe make them into one post. (I'd probably repost it and name it "Technical questions" and maybe get it stickied. I tend to ask jackass questions if you can't tell... (One example is in my college Chem class, We were talking about electrons jumping between orbitals, and such, and the energy released, and how its given off as light or heat, and how they have distinct energy lines, and my question to my TA was, "Since the sun is just one giant conglomeration of elements, and they all release energy at distinct wavelengths, how do we get pure white light, which is a continuous wavelength of light )
Old 08-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Sealant glaze's are abrasive too though, aren't they? On the 3M page, it says it can be used to remove swirls, meaning its abrasive? Correct?? or does it just have fillers?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jaeden09,Aug 13 2007, 10:47 AM
Sealant glaze's are abrasive too though, aren't they? On the 3M page, it says it can be used to remove swirls, meaning its abrasive? Correct?? or does it just have fillers?
the 3m product is a glaze with light swirl removers and swirl fillers...

prob one of the least aggressive swirl removers- similar to a paint cleaner, but with oils and fillers. the one that i linked to is a good choice for your car.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 PM

I went back and looked and my swirls are back Ordering this weekend

How long should it be before swirls reappear? (Seems like two weeks for me... haha :cries:
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jaeden09,Aug 13 2007, 12:25 PM
I went back and looked and my swirls are back Ordering this weekend

How long should it be before swirls reappear? (Seems like two weeks for me... haha :cries:
if you remove them, they only come back by someone putting them on again- (sorry, this might be you!)

what product did you use to remove them last time?
the 3m glaze will allow the swirls to reappear after awhile, cause it does not remove all- it fills some... those can come back- and it depends on how you take care of the car as to how quickly (detail spray with carnauba, then dusting and covering will maximize the amount of time for the unswirled look).

what polishes did you use last time, and then what waxes or other last stage products did you use to protect the car?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:45 PM

I used Sonus SFX-1, then Sonus SFX-2, then Sonus SFX-3, I used the Orange pad for 1, and two seperate white pads for 2 and 3, and then I went back with Zaino AIO, and let that sit for about 30 minutes, and then I put a coat of Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax, and then a day later, after using Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer, I used a coat of P21s, and then repeated it the next day :frown:

Quick Reply: Sealant Glaze Vs AIO