S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

S2000 Owner's Detailing Hand Book

Old 09-05-2006, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Owner's Detailing Hand Book

Many of you in this forum know that I am a wash & wax wacko through & through. So, for the recent New England Nor'Easter meet (best damn meet eva!!) I wrote a detailing guide which was burned onto a CD-ROM and distributed to all event attendees. Up until know only this select group of S2000 owners has received a copy of my book.

Well, I recently started to set up a personal web page through my ISP provider. After much tinkering, I was able to setup the Detailing Hand Book on the site. Feel free to check it out and download/print a copy.

http://home.comcast.net/~michael.cohen1/De...g_Hand_Book.pdf

One item of note before you read my guide. I now recommend against using Meguiar's APC on leather. I've since learned that its pH is completely improper for use on leather. I'll post any further notes about edits in this thread.

Happy Detailing!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:00 PM

Wow, it doesnt get more thorough than that! Its complete with pictures of everything being applied to an s2000. This def shoud be a sticky to tha top!

Nice contribution to the forum
Old 09-05-2006, 11:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thank you!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:26 AM

No problem guys!! I put a lot of time and effort into this guide and I got a little help in the form of proof reading and pictures from other W&W forum members.

Just keep in mind when reading this guide that there is "more than one way to skin a cat." This book goes over the techniques and products I use/recommend. There are certainly other ways the same results can be accomplished and other products that can be used.

Originally Posted by KWgpws2k, Sep 6 2006, 01:00 AM
Its complete with pictures of everything being applied to an s2000.
Yup! I went out of my way to do that. Trust me, it was not easy to accomplish. Thankfully, some other forum members allowed me to use a few of their pictures.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:21 AM

nice one - this explains a lot to me (complete w&w n00b)

I just bought my 2000 S2k last weekend, and want to give it a REALLY good once-over, clean the back windwhield, do the vinyl top, wash the thing, clean the tires.... but i'm thinking of splitting it into 2 weekends. doing the vinyl top, tires and the windwhield (plus interior) this weekend, then the actual body of the car the weekend after.

anyone have a rough estimate of how much time it should take me per weekend, or perhaps a better, more logical, way to go about this?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by misskatiemo,Sep 6 2006, 11:21 AM
nice one - this explains a lot to me (complete w&w n00b)

I just bought my 2000 S2k last weekend, and want to give it a REALLY good once-over, clean the back windwhield, do the vinyl top, wash the thing, clean the tires.... but i'm thinking of splitting it into 2 weekends. doing the vinyl top, tires and the windwhield (plus interior) this weekend, then the actual body of the car the weekend after.

anyone have a rough estimate of how much time it should take me per weekend, or perhaps a better, more logical, way to go about this?
It's a bit off topic, but doing a full detail of your car (i.e. following every page in my book) will take between 8-12 hours depending on how fast you work, the current condition of your car, and if you have help. If you plan on polishing by hand instead of by machine expect lesser results, a sore arm, and several more hours of work.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for now the book is in this sticky thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...0&#entry8501906

anyone have any suggestions for cleaning up our stickies- let me know!!!
they are gettin a bit outta hand-
Old 09-06-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Excellent book, I think you've covered everything.
Levi
Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Sep 6 2006, 12:26 PM
It's a bit off topic, but doing a full detail of your car (i.e. following every page in my book) will take between 8-12 hours depending on how fast you work, the current condition of your car, and if you have help. If you plan on polishing by hand instead of by machine expect lesser results, a sore arm, and several more hours of work.
wasn't planning on following every page - but i do know that i want to/need to do the following:

- detail/clean the rims and wheels
- clean/repair the back windshield (slight scratches)
- clean/protect the vinyl convertible top
- clean/protect the glass (clean + rain-x)
- detail the interior and clean/treat the leather
- wash the outside
Old 09-06-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by misskatiemo,Sep 6 2006, 12:05 PM
wasn't planning on following every page - but i do know that i want to/need to do the following:

- detail/clean the rims and wheels
- clean/repair the back windshield (slight scratches)
- clean/protect the vinyl convertible top
- clean/protect the glass (clean + rain-x)
- detail the interior and clean/treat the leather
- wash the outside
Hmmm . . . that's maybe 3-5 hours again depending on how fast you work and the current condition of your car.

Quick Reply: S2000 Owner's Detailing Hand Book