S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

S100 (aka P21S)

Old 08-30-2002, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

>>>I tried using my PC to apply and remove it, but since it's a paste, there is no good way to put the wax on the foam pad of the PC to apply it<<<

One way to get it on is to use a narrow paint scraper to apply it to the foam pad.

Stan
Old 08-30-2002, 02:16 AM

>>would it be a waste of time and wax to apply another coat just 1 month later?<<

Nah it'd fine to do it again a month later. And since it goes on and comes off so easily, it's just about like spray detailing your car. Note that there is a aerosol spray version of S100 that can be used to extend the life. That one just sprays on and wipes right off.

Stan
Old 08-30-2002, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Albert
[B]

I guess the bottom-line is that there is no added benefit of an extra layer of carnauba wax right?
Old 08-30-2002, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by E30M3
>>>I tried using my PC to apply and remove it, but since it's a paste, there is no good way to put the wax on the foam pad of the PC to apply it<<<

One way to get it on is to use a narrow paint scraper to apply it to the foam pad.

Stan
Stan, I found that this goes on so easily, that it didn't make sense to switch pads every few minutes on the PC. I decided to apply it by hand and remove it with the machine. Using this method, the job went very quickly.
Old 08-30-2002, 06:59 PM

>>>I decided to apply it by hand and remove it with the machine. Using this method, the job went very quickly.<<<

When I apply it, I do a panel portion at a time by hand with the supplied foam applicator. Then I immediately wipe it off using a microfiber cloth starting at my application origin. (Since the wax in that area had time to sit) It's so fast, it almost seems like a machine would slow ya down. Straightline hand motions (front/rear) to minimize the chance of swirls. Sorta like applying a quick detailer.

Stan
Old 08-30-2002, 07:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by E30M3
[B]>>>I decided to apply it by hand and remove it with the machine. Using this method, the job went very quickly.<<<

When I apply it, I do a panel portion at a time by hand with the supplied foam applicator.
Old 09-03-2002, 04:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been using P21S for the last few months and have been delighted by the ease of application, durability and most of all the results:

I have layered the wax - I think it looks better but this may just be me kidding myself after a '4 layer' session!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 05:21 PM

I have tried the S100 in the aerosol can on a black finish. It leaves oily streaks even though I'm only doing a small area. I spray it on, wait a minute, rub lightly with a terry cloth towel, and then buff with a microfilter cloth. I've even tried buffing it with a pc and still have oily streaks. I'm applying over Zanio.

Any suggestions
Old 09-08-2002, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by LeRoy
I have tried the S100 in the aerosol can on a black finish. It leaves oily streaks even though I'm only doing a small area. I spray it on, wait a minute, rub lightly with a terry cloth towel, and then buff with a microfilter cloth. I've even tried buffing it with a pc and still have oily streaks. I'm applying over Zanio.

Any suggestions
Try the S100 in the plastic jar. It's a paste wax, not an aerosol. I haven't heard of anyone using the spray version. Is that a detailer spray or simply an aerosol wax?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 09-08-2002, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by LeRoy

Any suggestions
I've had the exact same problem... it even says on the can "spray, wait about 1 minute, then buff to a high gloss" and all i got were those streaks. I now just use it for my wheels. Too bad though, i love the aerosol can

Quick Reply: S100 (aka P21S)