S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

recommendations for an easy to use wax

Old 02-20-2005, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommendations for an easy to use wax

The paint on my car is in good condition, but I 'd like a wax recommendation that is not too complicated and fairly easy to use and find in your average size town.

Remember, i am a moron, and don't have a ton of free time, so i need something user friendly

Thanks
Billy
Old 02-20-2005, 01:01 PM

turtle wax platnum series ultra glosss.very user friendly,good shine, moderate durability cons:white residue in every nook & cranny if not applied carefully. ps. let dry FULLY before removal
Old 02-20-2005, 01:50 PM

I like Zymol and you can find it at Walmart... I saw test results for this wax a long time ago on the NSX forums and they loved it before Zaino came out.

Be forewarned that this wax isn't cheap like other products out there, but it seems to work well. I use a synthetic now but it's not real user friendly. Most everyone here will recommend a synthetic due to it's nice shine and long lasting protection...
Old 02-20-2005, 01:57 PM

IMO, the best "off the shelf" product out there is Meguiars NXT. Most Walmarts have it!

Chris Pace
eShine Canada
Old 02-25-2005, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no shine like Mothers. Use their 3-step process and you be very satisfied with the results.

1) Mother's Clay Bar (once a year)

2) Mother's Sealer Glaze

3) Mother's Pure Carnuba Paste Wax

do steps 2 & 3 every 3 to 4 months
Old 02-26-2005, 04:03 AM

Dumb Question ... Why are you limiying your selection to products you can find locally in a store near you? There are plenty of very on-line stores selling great produsts (eg. Poorboys, Wolfgang UPP, Zaino ... ) that are very easy products to use with good durability and great looks?
Old 02-26-2005, 05:13 AM
Former Moderator

IMHO, only one of the products listed above will even come close to lasting even 3 months... and that's NXT.

If you want to wax that infrequently you'll need a synthetic like Zaino, Poorboys or Wolfgang. Carnaubas are good for 6-8 weeks if your car is a garage queen and you don't live in phoenix.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Zymol is a good wax but lasts about as long as it takes to put on. I would only recommend it for a show car or one that periodically gets driven on the nicest days. I love One Grand Blitz wax. It is extremely easy to apply and remove, leaves a durable, deep finish and is of very high quality. You will not find it at your local store however. It can be purchased from www.carcareonline.com and delivered right to your home. This is a very useful site with information galore on many waxes, glazes, etc. They stock virtually everything as well.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Feb 26 2005, 02:13 PM
IMHO, only one of the products listed above will even come close to lasting even 3 months... and that's NXT.
NXT durability has been question in a number of forums. Personally I never got more than 4-6 weeks and slickness was gone after the first wash
Old 02-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by petraidm,Feb 26 2005, 08:12 PM
NXT durability has been question in a number of forums. Personally I never got more than 4-6 weeks and slickness was gone after the first wash
I personally gave my bottle of NXT away. The other synthetics I listed are a much better choice. Zaino is still king if you want to "wax" infrequently.

Quick Reply: recommendations for an easy to use wax