S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

recommendation on wheel cleaner

Old 02-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default recommendation on wheel cleaner

hey guys I just want to get a recommendation on what claener to use on my wheels. Its chrome but it has a clear coat over it. what would you experts suggest i use since its clearcoated. also would it be best to wax it also? thanks for the help!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the DP gel wheel cleaner. It works great on my clearcoat wheels. I also use Chemical Guys JS109 sealant on my wheels. Nothing seems to last very long on the wheels, but the JetSeal makes it almost a spray away type of cleaning every week.

Nice wheels, btw.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i like p21s- usually just use regular shampoo with a wheel brush... if its stubborn, i like the p21s wheel cleaner- non-acidic and does a great job.

and agree with ebeldesign that a good synthetic (as many coats as you can stand- at least two) is a great idea... i always do synthetic on my wheels and often top it with carnauba.
i also have a duster for wheels only. dust the wheels whenever i see any dust, and then hit them with a detail spray with either carnauba or synthetic in it (depending on my mood!).

the heat of the wheels will evaporate protectants more quickly than on the paint- one reason that i use a detail spray with more stuff in it... kinda protect the protectant!!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wax my wheels with carnuba wax because i dont have any synthetics, i have no clue as to how long it lasts
Old 02-26-2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ebeldesign,Feb 25 2008, 02:53 PM
I really like the DP gel wheel cleaner. It works great on my clearcoat wheels. I also use Chemical Guys JS109 sealant on my wheels. Nothing seems to last very long on the wheels, but the JetSeal makes it almost a spray away type of cleaning every week.

Nice wheels, btw.
I second the DP gel cleaner.

If you wax/seal your wheels, be aware that a wheel cleaner will likely remove the protection. So, after you've cleaned/waxed/sealed your wheels, I'd suggest keeping them clean with car wash soap rather than a strong wheel cleaner to prevent stripping. Regular maintenance will prevent you from having to use a wheel cleaner every time you wash.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:25 AM

thanks guys.

ben, can you tell me where i can get the gel and sealant locally in OC?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sinji,Feb 27 2008, 10:25 AM
thanks guys.

ben, can you tell me where i can get the gel and sealant locally in OC?
JetSeal you can get at the chemical guys store off of the 105 near the airport, you can also get it from the website chemicalguys.com. I order DP from Autogeek.net. It is one of their brands and I don't know if you can get it locally or not.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:56 AM

Like I stated on another thread:

Amazing Roll Off is simply......well... Amazing!

BTW, the PH balance is neutral

Originally developed for boaters to clean canvas sails, Amazing Roll-Off works wonders on cleaning vinyl and canvas convertible tops. Even tough stains that other cleaners can't touch come out with little or no effort. Roll-Off will not degrade the water repellency of convertible tops.

Plus a whole lot more!

1. It's a clearcoat safe, 100% acid-free wheel cleaner. Spray on Amazing Roll-Off and watch as caked-on road grime and brake dust wash away!

2. It's a powerful tire cleaner. You'll be amazed as brown sludge slides off your tires.

3. It's a white-wall cleaner. Roll-Off brightens white-walls and raised white letters. Without bleach! Roll-Off will not discolor the carbon black in tires.

4. It's a vinyl top cleaner. Amazing Roll-Off easily removes layers of sun-baked grime that other cleaners can't touch.

5. It's a convertible top cleaner. Amazing Roll-Off safely cleans grease and dirt off canvas and vinyl convertible tops without harming water repellency.

6. It's an engine degreaser and brightener. Amazing Roll-Off cuts the toughest grease, oil and diesel soot and brightens aluminum engine parts.

7. It's a fiberglass cleaner. Those tough, black stains on the side of RV's wash off with ease. You can even use Amazing Roll-Off to clean the vinyl siding on your home!

Note: Amazing Roll-Off works wonders on mildew! Wash mildew off your boat in minutes, even if it has been there for weeks. Keep mildew at bay with regular washings with Roll-Off!

It's fast! It's easy! It's safe!

Amazing Roll-Off is a concentrated, water-activated cleaner. Simply wet the area to be cleaned with water, spray on Amazing Roll-Off and rinse the dirt and grime away. Roll-Off will amaze you with its cleaning power. Dirt that other cleaners can't touch simply rolls off with little or no scrubbing. Amazing Roll-Off is bio-degradable, non-corrosive, rust inhibiting and ecologically safe.

Plus, a bonus!

Amazing Roll-Off leaves a gleaming and rust inhibiting wax-like finish that resists dirt. Surfaces remain clean longer. Future cleaning is easier, takes less time and can be done less often.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Former Sponsor

P21S Wheel Cleaner for sure
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Former Moderator

I've posted pictures of my wheel refinishing project elsewhere as well.... but it applies here. Basically, P21S gel is incredible. Here's a shot of a wheel after P21S compared to before. Keep in mind, that harsh solvents like simplegreen and a scrubbing pad wouldn't even get this crap off. P21S sat untouched for 2 hours and then wiped off. The stuff is awesome.

Phil at Detailer's Domain is the man too btw.

Quick Reply: recommendation on wheel cleaner