S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Rear Plastic Window

Old 06-12-2002, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Plastic Window

What would anyone recommend to clean the plastic back window with to get the scratches out? I used to have a Miata and I had this cleaner that made the plastic look like new for about 30days.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i use plexus...
and i keep a soft towel in the top when its down (and it always is unless i am washing the car) to keep it from getting scratches (and i have a muz mat in the window well).
Old 06-12-2002, 03:49 PM

I use Plexus for maintenance of the window and I use Meguiars to get out any scratches.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:10 PM

Where can I get Plexus at??
Old 06-12-2002, 07:07 PM

Never heard of Plexus... Seriously though, I have used Honda products on my car. I used to use the Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish. It worked pretty well but the haze on the inside would always come back. Well, today I went picked up this new stuff from Honda. It's their glass cleaner. It comes in a black and blue can. It has a strong ammonia smell and man it's awesome! I sprayed it on the inside of my softop window and it looks better than it ever has. I would highly recommend getting this stuff from honda. I'll look tommorow and get the part number. It was $2.78 with tax, not bad at all.

Chris
Old 06-13-2002, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be *very* concerned about the long-term effects of repeatedly using a product containing ammonia on the plastic window.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:41 PM

Um, I never said it has ammonia in the product, it smells similar to it. Also, why would Honda sell it as glass cleaner and safe for all plastics including the plastic window? Just curious. Formulate your own opinion. It's the best I've found to date.

Chris
Old 06-13-2002, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by Hams2000
Um, I never said it has ammonia in the product, it smells similar to it. Also, why would Honda sell it as glass cleaner and safe for all plastics including the plastic window? Just curious. Formulate your own opinion. It's the best I've found to date.

Chris
The reason for the concern was because you just called it a glass cleaner and didn't add that it can be used on plastic as well. However, I trust Plexus. It has been used for years by cyclists and for marine use as well. You can get it at a boat supply or motorcycle shop. Or you can buy it on line at www.properautocare.com.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:48 PM

Perhaps I will give a try. I just like using Honda products on my S. The honda spray polish and cleaner is awesome at removing tar and road grime, and their glass cleaner is just as awesome.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Honda specifically states that the glass cleaner is safe for plastics, then I was wrong to question its long-term effects on the rear window. I apologize.

It's just that several people in the past have found great cleaners, only to later discover that they weren't appropriate for plastics. I seem to remember an incident where someone found that Stoner Invisible Glass worked great, only to find that the label implied that it wasn't appropriate for plastics.

And in my (admittedly limited) experience, there aren't many other things that smell like ammonia.

Quick Reply: Rear Plastic Window