S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

RavynX's Detail Log

Old 08-11-2009, 07:45 AM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

I have one or two of those little spots on my trunk your talking about and I read that tree sap can cause that. I parked under a tree for a year before I moved and got a garage so I think that's what did it. My old accord was the same way parking it under a tree
Old 08-13-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow looks really good. I need to clay my entire car and so the same process.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:12 PM

Ah!! I can't wait to do my detail. I have the exact same PC and polishes (even the Adam's detail spray ) that you have except I have Blackfire sealant. Too bad I won't have nearly the same results as you as I've heard GPW doesn't have a particular "wet" look
Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks nice!

I think you'll be pleased with the ONR. I've been using it for awhile and it hasn't brought the swirls back to my car since correcting the paint.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:26 AM

Good job. A way to reduce the splatter is to

1: Apply your product to the pad.
2: put your Pad/Polisher on the car where you want to work
3: BEFORE turning on your polisher smear your product around the area you will be working.
4: Start on a slow speed (2 works best with the pc)
5: Move on to high speed.

No splatter.

You know some people believe that even power washers (personal, and the ones in the wash bays) produce swirls or micro marring, because they force the dirt off the car with so much pressure, that they leave scratch trails.

As far as the "imperfections" it's probably either water or bird etchings. Really takes some time in those ares that have those imperfections to remove them. Use your stronger combination, then move to something less aggressive to bring more clarity to the paint.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by ses2k,Aug 14 2009, 07:12 PM
Too bad I won't have nearly the same results as you as I've heard GPW doesn't have a particular "wet" look
if i do a really thorough detail on mine it will look glossy and wet for a day maybe 2 if i barely drive it lol
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 AM

My compliments on the care you are giving your Stewie. You have obviously done your homework. I'm impressed by the way your taped up the trim and lights and covered the convertible top, etc. You're on the way to becoming a master detailer!

I also have hard water in our area and our cars pay the price with water spots; consequently, except when using ONR, I always go over the paint with a quick detailer after a wash and dry, except when I intend to clean and wax the paint immediately afterwards. Some folks like to use a quick detailer as a drying aid, which also solves the water spot problem. For some reason, I prefer to dry first and then go back over with the quick detailer.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DA JeLLie,Oct 30 2009, 10:26 AM
Good job. A way to reduce the splatter is to

1: Apply your product to the pad.
2: put your Pad/Polisher on the car where you want to work
3: BEFORE turning on your polisher smear your product around the area you will be working.
4: Start on a slow speed (2 works best with the pc)
5: Move on to high speed.

No splatter.

You know some people believe that even power washers (personal, and the ones in the wash bays) produce swirls or micro marring, because they force the dirt off the car with so much pressure, that they leave scratch trails.

As far as the "imperfections" it's probably either water or bird etchings. Really takes some time in those ares that have those imperfections to remove them. Use your stronger combination, then move to something less aggressive to bring more clarity to the paint.
Thanks! Actually that's exactly what I did per instructions from a video on youtube. I applied the product to the pad, spread the product BEFORE turning it on, ran the orbital on a slow speed to spread it more, then switched to high speed. The splatter came from lifting up on the orbital while the pad was still spinning or slowing down after switching it off.

I also thought the same thing about power washers, even using home-units. That's why I spray the car down first now, then use the 2 bucket system with a lambswool mit. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by akimel,Oct 30 2009, 02:21 PM
My compliments on the care you are giving your Stewie. You have obviously done your homework. I'm impressed by the way your taped up the trim and lights and covered the convertible top, etc. You're on the way to becoming a master detailer!
Thanks so much for taking the time to read. I've taken so much from the community here that I thought I'd give back. That's my OCD nature w/ the masking, haha. Better to mask things off then spend time cleaning (or replacing) later on.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 PM

Ahh yes, pulling the polisher up while it's still on. You'll get used to it! Keep working at it. Maybe you could try 4" pads for the "imperfection" areas.