S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

RaggTopp Streaking?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RaggTopp Streaking?

Hello,

I purchased a set of vinyl cleaner and protector for my s2k a year or so ago. It worked extremely well and I was very impressed with the product. I sold the car soon after.

This year I picked up another s2000 and still had my RaggTopp product on hand. I cleaned the top thoroughly and sprayed some protectant on it. It seemed like a small amount of white coloured solid substance was coming out. I figured it would wipe off. To my dismay it has left streaks where it was sprayed on that I can't seem to get off with any amount of rubbing or Cleaner..

What are my options?? Did the protectant go bad sitting there for a year or so?

Any information / advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

-tawheed
Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well its hard to say exactly what the problem is.

how well did you clean the top before using the protecting product? did the protectant sit too long and seperate (needs to be shaken b4 use maybe)? the preservative properties of the product might make it a bit harder to come of once applied, so worst case scenario, wait a couple months and try again
Old 06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

agree with muttgrunt... and you should be able to fix this

what did you use to clean it with?
you do need a brush no matter what product.
i would start with car shampoo and a brush. if you already did that then i would prob next use a top cleaner (i use porsche tech something)- if you still have spots, prob a watered down all purpose cleaner like the megs product would be next. if you go that route, there is a chance that it will strip some of the wax from your car when you rinse it so i would rewax the car after all is done.

your problem with the raggtopp sounds to me like the product went through some temp extremes- is it kept in a garage that can get really cold or hot?
in any case i would not use that product on your top again- buy a new one. you could try it on your tires to see if it works there- test like a quarter of a tire first.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 PM

If none of the above suggestions work, you might get either Meguiar's M39 vinyl cleaner or Amazing Roll-Off. Either one should be able to clear up the streaking on your top.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:40 PM

hey guys thanks for all your suggestions.. I got in touch with the people who make RaggTopp and they said the protectant has a 14 month shelf life from the date of manufacture.. they're going to replace mine and gave me some ideas on how to remove the stains

thanks again and excellent customer service from the people over at wolfsteins.