S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

quick clean

Old 06-13-2007, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick clean

If i've done a full wash/dry/claybar/wax job and a few days later I want to do a quick clean up, can I just spray on some quick detailer and wipe it off without damaging the wax?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes, but...

you want to make sure that you arent rubbing any dust into the paint- even dust on a rag can give light swirls.
so, first use a duster- do not drag it or rub it... its kinda like flicking the dust off of the car type motion (good old "front to back" also)-
i can go for well over a month by dusting, then detail spraying my car- mine gets done whenever i drive on the freeway or about once a week otherwise.

my process:
1. insepct (always the first step)- if cleaning needed, then:
2. do the glass with a good glass cleaner, if needed from step 1
3. dust the rear end, and detail spray it- above wheel level
4. if the front needs any attention, do the same at the front
5. do the lower parts, watching the rag- if it gets very dirty, replace it- if its picking up any grit, forget it- the cars gotta be washed (very rare)
6. dust the wheels (separate duster just for that)- then, if they need it, detail spray them too
7. exhaust is last

i also wipe out the interior- usually with a dry mf- but this is usually done when i get in the car. on weekends i might use some product on the rag- for the interior.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanabe,Jun 13 2007, 03:14 PM
yes, but...

you want to make sure that you arent rubbing any dust into the paint- even dust on a rag can give light swirls.
so, first use a duster- do not drag it or rub it... its kinda like flicking the dust off of the car type motion (good old "front to back" also)-
i can go for well over a month by dusting, then detail spraying my car- mine gets done whenever i drive on the freeway or about once a week otherwise.

my process:
1. insepct (always the first step)- if cleaning needed, then:
2. do the glass with a good glass cleaner, if needed from step 1
3. dust the rear end, and detail spray it- above wheel level
4. if the front needs any attention, do the same at the front
5. do the lower parts, watching the rag- if it gets very dirty, replace it- if its picking up any grit, forget it- the cars gotta be washed (very rare)
6. dust the wheels (separate duster just for that)- then, if they need it, detail spray them too
7. exhaust is last

i also wipe out the interior- usually with a dry mf- but this is usually done when i get in the car. on weekends i might use some product on the rag- for the interior.

I wax mine about 2 1/2 weeks ago and dust/QD every other day and still looking good. Allthough the slippy feel is starting to fade, but the shine is still there.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

s2krey- we are bros, i can tell !

if you are losing the slippery feel, i wonder if you are using a qd that is cleaner only...
i like the carnauba based products best, and also use synthetic based ones too- i have the cleaner only products, but really dont like them- mainly cause i find that i lose some of the fresh detail (mainly the slippery feel)-