S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Question

Old 07-24-2004, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

I am going to detail my cars and I have a question on what to use. I am going to clay bar the car, then polish it with 3M swirl mark remover, then I don't know what to protect it with? Should I go with Klasse all in one or should i NXT or something else? I want my car to shine and be protected. Any feedback on my steps and products of choice would be great. I am also planning on cleaning the vynal top with 303 and protecting it with 303. Good choice?? Your help would be greatly appreciated..
Old 07-24-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KDRIVER18,Jul 24 2004, 12:07 PM
I am going to detail my cars and I have a question on what to use. I am going to clay bar the car, then polish it with 3M swirl mark remover, then I don't know what to protect it with? Should I go with Klasse all in one or should i NXT or something else? I want my car to shine and be protected. Any feedback on my steps and products of choice would be great. I am also planning on cleaning the vynal top with 303 and protecting it with 303. Good choice?? Your help would be greatly appreciated..
my first choice is zaino topped by p21s... klasse is a good choice too, and i would also top it with p21s.

303 is fine for the top and would be my second choice. soak a rag with it away from the car and then rub it in good. let it sit awhile then buff it out (i buff it twice to get the excess off). 303 really is o.k., but i prefer vinylex. i think it is a bit more consistent and i like the way it applies a little more.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:53 PM

Would you do just one coat of each?? Where is the best place to get the best price on zaino and the top stuff? thanks for your advice
Old 07-24-2004, 06:35 PM

I would recommend Klasse and P21S.
You can buy them here.Buy Klasse All In One Here
Buy Klasse SG here
Buy P21S Here
Hope this helps!
FANTASTIC combination. Oh you need the Klasse All in one and SG to really protect. You CAN get away with just All in One then P21S, but why cut your car short.
Jon
Old 07-24-2004, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to use Zaino but i switched to Klasse - Klasse is less expensive, less work involved, and IMO the same shine (i know wanabe will kill me for saying less work )

only need one coat of AIO (all in one) but the more coats of SG the deeper the shine - same holds true for Zaino - you can find Klasse at www.sportscarcare.com and you can find Zaino at the post that is stuck above

Good luck and post some pics when you're done
Old 07-24-2004, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bass,Jul 24 2004, 08:18 PM
I used to use Zaino but i switched to Klasse - Klasse is less expensive, less work involved, and IMO the same shine (i know wanabe will kill me for saying less work )
pretty funny bass...
i know that if you spend less time with the klasse, you will make it up somewhere else!!

those of us detail addicts (yup, i am including you) seem to spend more time even when we save some!!
Old 07-24-2004, 10:36 PM

Like Bass, I also made the switch from Zaino to Klasse AIO for ease of application. I usually do AIO with either SG or Wolfgang and also do weekly toppers with P21S.

As for the top, I use the 303 combo. I may switch to vinylex once I run out since wanabe seems to like it so much.

-sam
Old 07-25-2004, 10:13 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I think i am going to do this: wash my car with dawn, claymagic claybar, wash it once more, 3M Swearlmark remover, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, then top it off with some p21. Sound good to you guys? If you would do anything different or have some tips let me know. I have read a lot of how to and I am fairly experienced in detailing, but always open to learn sice im only 19. Where can I get the other stuff for the top now the 303? I have one more question what towels do you recomend me taking all this stuff off with? Thanks Dan
Old 07-25-2004, 02:28 PM

i would use micro fiber towels for the product removal...
and vinylex is at:

http://properautocare.com/lex1215.html
Old 07-25-2004, 03:12 PM

For me, I only use a swirl remover or any other kind of abrasive or semi-abrasive polish ONLY when I really need to.

Quick Reply: Question