S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Product Reviews. Again.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Product Reviews. Again.

Tested out a few items last week when I washed my van & suv. All these products were great.

Mark-V Very Cherry
Ordered this directly from the company (via phone). Bought a gallon as the price was great.

I added 3 or 4 ounces and filled a 5 gallon bucket with water. I put the sprayer on full, and man did it create some suds!!

Overall, this was a very good soap. lots of suds. as I was running out of suds, just shot some more water into the bucket to create more foam!! worked great with a sponge, and cleaned pretty well.

This is my new favorite soap. ***** out of *****!!

Mark-V FastWax
Same deal as the soap for ordering.
This is another great product. Out of any spray wax I have used, this stuff has more of a consistancy of a liquid wax, not so watery like most spray waxes.

Easy to use. I sprayed it on, spread it around with a nice MF towel, left it sit for about 2 minutes, and buffed it off. A little goes a long way.

Left a nice shine, and a nice, smooth finish. Great for a quick wax without too much effort. Another product I will keep in my line-up.

***** out of *****

1Z Chrome & Metal Polish
Used this on my exhaust tips on the suv. Applied and removed with a MF towel. Cleaned pretty damn well, considering I didn't clean the tips with anything else prior. Another 1Z product I love.

***** out of *****

Mark-V California Dressing
This is a tire dressing. I sprayed some on the tires (not too much) and worked it in with a foam applicator pad. Let it dry, and that was that. Not too glossy, more like a deep, rich black finish without all that high gloss. A little goes a long way with this product also.

***** out of *****

Optimum Car Wax
This is another spray wax. This is very easy to use. Spray on, spread around with a nice MF towel, wait about 30 seconds, and buff off.

This left a great shine, and a very, very slick finish. I was amazed by it, and will definetely buy more in the future. Nice beads too!

***** out of *****

Ultra Premium MF Towels
These are the ultra premiums from The Rag Shack.
Yellow in color,with black edges. Nice, plush, soft towels. Great for waxes and sealants. I used thses with the two spray waxes mentioned above. Very nice towels. I have a dozen of them. I would like to get more in the future.

***** out of *****

Detailers Domain Uber Sponge
I had to wait for this sponge for a while ( it was out of stock when I ordered), but it was worth the wait.
I haven't washed my vehicles with a sponge in a while, as I have tried different mitts, and stuck with a sheepskin for a while.

This sponge is nice. It holds a lot of water and soap. Felt like it cleaned the paint pretty well when I washed my suv. I want to order a couple more in the future, another one for wash, one for wheels, and one as a back-up.

***** out of *****

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing
This is a water based dressing. It can be diluted anywhere from 1:1 to 4:1, depending on the gloss desired. I diluted it 4:1.
I was looking for something to use for engines and wheel wells, as CD2 was starting to eat through my wallet ( at $7 a can, it can add up pretty fast).
I absolutely love this stuff. Clean your engine and wells really good first, spray this stuff on, and walk away. Come back in a little while, and say WOW!
I am glad I bought a gallon of this stuff. Worth every penny.

***** out of *****!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the reviews, and maybe gave you guys some christmas gift ideas
Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reviews. Meguiar's Hyper Dressing is fantastic stuff! I just started using it as well. Very cost effective, and it works great. I think it's cured me of buying the various aerosol can dressings - you're absolutely right, the money adds up fast doing it that way.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got to give this hyper dressing stuff a try
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agreed. once i'm out of some other products i'll probably turn to hyper dressing. very popular product for a reason: hear it works well and is very cost effective.
i have a couple of things on my wish list and will surely keep u all posted on how that turns out by the time xmas comes and goes