S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down Product Reviews

I haven't really posted anything on here in a while, so I figured I would post up a few things I have tried lately.

Optimum No Rinse:
I have known about this stuff for quite a while, but was always hesitant to try it. I knew I was going to trade in my car soon, and with the cold weather coming on, I figured it was time to get it. So I ordered it from DD.

Initial thought after adding it to the water was, "this stuff doesn't look like it will work". Boy was I wrong. I added 2 capfuls to 2 gallons of water (per label directions) and proceeded to wash the paint/glass on my (new) SUV. I used the 2BM/gritguard method with a sheepskin mitt. Did a pretty good job.

Overall, I was impressed, and this will definetly be in my arsenal for the long run. Mostly for winter months, as it gets pretty cold here in the NE.

I also think it will be better suited for a sponge, but my sponge is on backorder, so I had to use a mitt.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars!!

Eagle1 Nanowax
This pretty much goes against the grain bigtime for me, as I have never really been a fan of Eagle1 anything, or spraywax for that matter. Someone told me to just try it, and if I didnt like it, they would buy it off me, full price.

I said what the hell, and pulled the trigger. What a surprise. I wouldn't say this is the best wax I have ever used, but it sure is nice for the money. On properly prepped paint (which is key here), it left a pretty nice shine, and it was very slick.

Now this product does have fillers, and for some, that would be the turn-off.

Easy to use, and great for the price. Beading wasn't bad either. I applied it to glass also. Also smells like vanilla, which its nice for something to smell nice

I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars!

Detailer's Pride Universal Clay
This clay is available from autogeek.net

I ordered this clay, based on the price, and figured, if it sucked, it wouldn't be a big loss.

Comes in a plastic case, gray in color, and is a hard clay. I'm not a fan of hard clay that much, but it does serve it's purpose.

Well, I tried it about 2 months ago, and needless to say, I was blown away!!
I used it on a MDX detail. This vehicle had yellow road paint specs all along the bottom of the doors/fenders. I didn't know how long this paint had been there.
I tried a couple other clays I had and they weren't working. So I pulled this out and gave it a shot. With Last Touch (1:1) as my lube, this clay took the paint off. Left little to no marring at all!! I pretty much used the whole bar on the truck, but I didn't mind. It was well worth it. I ordered another one the following week.

I rate it 5 out of 5 stars

P21S Windshield Wash Booster
I was looking for a solution to cut down on wiper chatter. After trying different things, I decided to try something else. This product.

Even though it didn't completely get rid of the chatter, this stuff does clean a hell of a lot better than fluid alone. All you do is add some to a gallon of washer fluid, and add to the resevior. Definitely cleans road grime off your windshiled better. Also this stuff won't freeze when added to the washer fluid.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Hope you guys enjoyed this, and I always like to reccomend products I like a lot.
Can never have too many detailing supples
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow thats a lot to digest!!

looks like you liked everything except maybe the nanowax
- i never understood that stuff either so am on the same page here
Old 11-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slanguage,Nov 18 2008, 03:54 PM
P21S Windshield Wash Booster
I was looking for a solution to cut down on wiper chatter. After trying different things, I decided to try something else. This product.
You should try some PIAA Super Silicone wiper blades. They work extremely well, and are whisper quiet.

Thanks for the heads up on the Nanowax. Sounds like it could be just the thing for stuff like doorjambs and the underside of the trunk lid and hood.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:51 PM

My ONR should be here in a couple days. Already got my lowes proline grout sponges. Cant wait
Old 11-19-2008, 12:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont understand how ONR works. I know many use it and swear by it. But my Berlina Black is so delicate that it took me almost a year to figure out how to wash it without marring it. My question is, if there is sand and grit from winter on the paint and you start rubbing it, how could ANY product on this planet stop the car from getting scratched??

Using high pressure to rinse first, a boars hair with 5" bristles and constant foam gun soap as I wash allows me to wash safely without scratching. I dont see how anythign else could achieve the same results!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Downgear,Nov 19 2008, 05:26 PM
I dont understand how ONR works. I know many use it and swear by it. But my Berlina Black is so delicate that it took me almost a year to figure out how to wash it without marring it. My question is, if there is sand and grit from winter on the paint and you start rubbing it, how could ANY product on this planet stop the car from getting scratched??

Using high pressure to rinse first, a boars hair with 5" bristles and constant foam gun soap as I wash allows me to wash safely without scratching. I dont see how anythign else could achieve the same results!
I thought the same thing. Did some research and most people suggested a very light pass with no pressure first. The ONR lifts the dirt off, it doesn't drag it off. Of course if you rub with all your strength you'll get marring and swirls but I think the first few passes would get rid of most of the dirt without damaging the surface. Although I wouldn't use ONR on a heavily soiled car.